Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Dream Theater at the Armadillo tonight. I've been going to see Dream Theater for about 20 years now and they always put on a great show. Tonight was no exception even if James LaBrie's voice isn't quite what it once was. 

Good support from Arion as well.

Disappointing turnout though. Empty seats all over the stalls. We were originally supposed to be in the top level but they didn't even open that so moved our seats. Can't argue with where they put us!

20230219_210545.jpg

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

18 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

A double helping of The Black Angels today.

First up front man Alex Maas played a few songs and did a record signing at Concerto records, then the main event at Paradiso Amsterdam, brilliant gig(s) they never disappoint.

IMG_20230219_185304.jpg

IMG_20230219_230141.jpg

IMG_20230219_234744.jpg

Great band. Seeing them at QMU next month.

On 20/02/2023 at 17:53, funky monkey said:

Great band. Seeing them at QMU next month.

You're in for a treat the new stuff is sounding amazing, I've saw them countless times over the years but last week was particularly good.

First saw them in 2006 or 2007 when they were supporting BRMC, my mate was their tour manager and got me on the guest list, watched The Black Angels and didn't bother with BRMC ended up hanging out with Christian and Stephanie, lovely people, spoke with Alex at the record signing on Sunday and he mentioned there will be some new stuff coming from his side project Mien.

Planning to see the Panic at the Disco gig on Friday at the Hydro. Does anyone know what the supporting act is? I couldn't find anything on the playlist and starting at half 6 seems a tad early for them.

Of course they've got a solid networks so I could be roped into getting there early.

12 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Planning to see the Panic at the Disco gig on Friday at the Hydro. Does anyone know what the supporting act is? I couldn't find anything on the playlist and starting at half 6 seems a tad early for them.

Of course they've got a solid networks so I could be roped into getting there early.

It appears to be someone called Fletcher opening up.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

I've got Comet is coming tonight at the lemon tree in Aberdeen. 

Nice one. Was half considering coming up for that but last train back to Dundee is a bit right time wise. Saw a bit of their set at Glastonbury a few years ago was excellent. New record is a belter too.

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Nice one. Was half considering coming up for that but last train back to Dundee is a bit right time wise. Saw a bit of their set at Glastonbury a few years ago was excellent. New record is a belter too.

I would think being in the lemon tree they would play to about 10.30pm so you would have missed a bit of the set. The only option would be the megabus back which I think is 10.55pm

50 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I would think being in the lemon tree they would play to about 10.30pm so you would have missed a bit of the set. The only option would be the megabus back which I think is 10.55pm

Aye, can’t be arsed with the bus. Enjoy.

On 01/03/2023 at 13:23, betting competition said:

Young Fathers at the O2 Academy in Glasgow on Friday. 

Looking forward to seeing the support Callum Easter who is on Lost Map records label.  

Callum Easter is really good, proper showman with top tunes to boot - enjoy!

What a gig the comet is coming was and it is up there in my top 10 gigs of all time and played an 1 hour and 40 minutes which I missed my bus home! The support of Joshua Idehen was excellent too and got the crowd going. Those going to the sold out show at Saint Luke's are in for a treat. 

9 hours ago, yabass said:

Callum Easter is really good, proper showman with top tunes to boot - enjoy!

Listen to his tunes over the last few weeks so really looking forward to him and Young Fathers tonight. 

Edited by betting competition

The Black Angels at the QMU last week were amazing.

Hearing Young Men Dead live was some experience.

Alex Maas howls like a wolf throughout, a sight to behold.

Alongside the BRMC and Brian Jonestown Massacre, 3 great bands.

Edited by funky monkey