Gigs

pilsner_ffc

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not yet. If I can make plans for her Feb/March dates (possibly Newcastle) then I'll get it at the gig. If not then I'll pick it up when I've caught up with the records I got for Christmas.

I would love to see her at the Pianodrome at the Wee Hub Ocean Terminal in Edinburgh but that is sold out.  

18 hours ago, Lofarl said:

The Brian Jonestown Massacre tonight in Edinburgh.  One of my favourite bands so looking forward to seeing them.

It’s either gonna be great or shite.

How was it? 

Wish I'd seen this earlier as also think they're excellent.

On 07/02/2023 at 12:14, Empty It said:

How was it? 

Wish I'd seen this earlier as also think they're excellent.

Pretty much what I expected.  A decent mix of old and new stuff.  Would have liked them to play a bit more of the older stuff but that's a personal preference.  They did take a good few mins after every track to retune guitars which didn't bother me as it gave me time to go for a slash or get a drink.  I've never been to that venue and it was rammed.  Only gripe was the 10pm curfew

I've complained here before about having to go to digital tickets. Naturally since I am an idiot I've made use of Ticketmaster's "souvenir ticket" option or whatever it's called where you can pay £2.95 to get a paper ticket sent out to you after the gig. I got mine for Metric today. It's literally just a normal Ticketmaster ticket. Same barcode, numbers, layout, everything. It's on the same paper they always used to print them out on, only that's somehow now much thicker than it used to be. Why can't you just send these out like normal and I take that rather than everyone in the room taking hundreds of pounds worth of technology with them that tracks their location and movement? f**k off.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've complained here before about having to go to digital tickets. Naturally since I am an idiot I've made use of Ticketmaster's "souvenir ticket" option or whatever it's called where you can pay £2.95 to get a paper ticket sent out to you after the gig. I got mine for Metric today. It's literally just a normal Ticketmaster ticket. Same barcode, numbers, layout, everything. It's on the same paper they always used to print them out on, only that's somehow now much thicker than it used to be. Why can't you just send these out like normal and I take that rather than everyone in the room taking hundreds of pounds worth of technology with them that tracks their location and movement? f**k off.

931716853_jrr7777ClnS1(1).gif.d1dbf1447986a80cedb215ebe2e8658b.gif

373380517_FiaDbKYqobTv(1).gif.384ce733e94c227cf3a41875d8b0b105.gif

On 10/02/2023 at 19:03, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've complained here before about having to go to digital tickets. Naturally since I am an idiot I've made use of Ticketmaster's "souvenir ticket" option or whatever it's called where you can pay £2.95 to get a paper ticket sent out to you after the gig. I got mine for Metric today. It's literally just a normal Ticketmaster ticket. Same barcode, numbers, layout, everything. It's on the same paper they always used to print them out on, only that's somehow now much thicker than it used to be.

I hate them too but for different reasons. Sometimes my phone is turned off to save battery and faffing about with QR codes and crappy scanners is annoying. Also all my tickets are in polypockets in a folder arranged by date and an eticket buggers that up! Furthermore if I meet some of the band I can't get them to sign my ticket if it's on my phone either!

You're lucky you got a ticket at least. I bought 'souvenir tickets' when I took the wean to see WWE and it wasn't a ticket. It was a crappy string lanyard and the plastic bit said "Gie it laldy" with an image of the Hydro and a small information on the back. Not worth the £5 each I paid.

Whenever it's available I try and book through Tickets Scotland as they tend to supply actual tickets where possible.

1 minute ago, AnderooMFC said:

I hate them too but for different reasons. Sometimes my phone is turned off to save battery and faffing about with QR codes and crappy scanners is annoying. Also all my tickets are in polypockets in a folder arranged by date and an eticket buggers that up! Furthermore if I meet some of the band I can't get them to sign my ticket if it's on my phone either!

You're lucky you got a ticket at least. I bought 'souvenir tickets' when I took the wean to see WWE and it wasn't a ticket. It was a crappy string lanyard and the plastic bit said "Gie it laldy" with an image of the Hydro and a small information on the back. Not worth the £5 each I paid.

Whenever it's available I try and book through Tickets Scotland as they tend to supply actual tickets where possible.

Not had one from the Hydro. Sounds minging.

I’m taking my daughter and her mates to See Arctic Monkeys at Bellahouston Park - I know, I know 

I can book parking at Asda Govan - will it be an utter nightmare getting out from there?

I’m driving back to Berwick - was toying with parking on one of streets off Shieldhall Road then heading back to M8 via Clyde Tunnel and A814 to try and avoid bottleneck but would that be just as bad?

13 hours ago, marty_j said:

I’m taking my daughter and her mates to See Arctic Monkeys at Bellahouston Park - I know, I know 

I can book parking at Asda Govan - will it be an utter nightmare getting out from there?

I’m driving back to Berwick - was toying with parking on one of streets off Shieldhall Road then heading back to M8 via Clyde Tunnel and A814 to try and avoid bottleneck but would that be just as bad?

I don't think it would be that bad going to the tunnel from there. I live in one of those streets and in terms of parked cars it's always been busier with a game at Ibrox rather than a Bellahouston gig, so from that point at least you shouldn't have as many problems. I'm pretty sure the Asda car park only has one exit so I wouldn't use that.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't think it would be that bad going to the tunnel from there. I live in one of those streets and in terms of parked cars it's always been busier with a game at Ibrox rather than a Bellahouston gig, so from that point at least you shouldn't have as many problems. I'm pretty sure the Asda car park only has one exit so I wouldn't use that.

Champion I’ll get there early anyway 

got to get back home then back to edinburgh airport for 0645 flight 

The Rock Orchestra by Candlelight tonight.

An 11 piece classic Orchestra, playing rock and metal songs from through the decades, with a singer on about half the songs. A group of very very talented musicians.

High points: the double bass player stepping out from behind her instrument to sing Zombie by The Cranberries and bring the place down. Chop Suey by System of a Down and Enter Sandman by Metallica.

Low points: an ill advised version of Limp Bizkit's Nookie and the drunk woman behind us who wouldn't stop talking and laughing, despite being asked to shut up.

A good night out.

20230217_211929.jpg

A double helping of The Black Angels today.

First up front man Alex Maas played a few songs and did a record signing at Concerto records, then the main event at Paradiso Amsterdam, brilliant gig(s) they never disappoint.

IMG_20230219_185304.jpg

IMG_20230219_230141.jpg

IMG_20230219_234744.jpg

Edited by stevieKTID