Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Trivium last night and really enjoyed it. 8th time seeing them and one of the craziest, a reported 575 crowdsurfers. 2023 started off right!

So far I've got;

February - You Me At Six, Jeanice Lee, Dream Theater
March - Bullet For My Valentine, Beartooth
April - Wednesday 13, Paramore
June - Tenacious D, Muse
July - Hollywood Vampires, Red Hot Chili Peppers
August - The Killers
September - Blink 182
and waiting on Placebo rescheduling

22 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Trivium last night and really enjoyed it. 8th time seeing them and one of the craziest, a reported 575 crowdsurfers. 2023 started off right!

So far I've got;

June - Tenacious D, Muse
August - The Killers
September - Blink 182

I was surprised at how few songs they played or WTDMS and ITCOTD. It was still a great and enjoyable set but thought we'd get more then 3 songs from those two new albums.

On 14/01/2023 at 00:09, AnderooMFC said:

So far I've got;

June - Tenacious D, Muse
August - The Killers
September - Blink 182

I drove past the Academy at about half five that night and the queue for Trivium was as longs as I've ver seen at that time.

Didn't realise Wednesday 13 was playing in April, will need to see if I can convince the Mrs that it would be a good night out.

On 14/01/2023 at 23:06, NorthernLights said:

I was surprised at how few songs they played or WTDMS and ITCOTD. It was still a great and enjoyable set but thought we'd get more then 3 songs from those two new albums.

Yeah, but when they have 9 albums even if they ignore ETI that's 8/14 songs just doing one off each. What d'you want them to do? Play longer??

On 17/01/2023 at 11:52, Craig fae the Vale said:

I drove past the Academy at about half five that night and the queue for Trivium was as longs as I've ver seen at that time.

Didn't realise Wednesday 13 was playing in April, will need to see if I can convince the Mrs that it would be a good night out.

I was at the front of that que. Second in the doors after the VIPs got let back in.

Wednesday's just announced about a week or two ago. Playing at The Cathouse.

Another just announced is Combichrist, playing an "Old School" Electronic-type set. April 30th at Classic Grand.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How do digital tickets from Ticketmaster work? Can I have them open in the app before I go out, or do I need to open the app/website fresh when I'm ready to use it?

Forward the logon details and I’ll check for you. 😂 

Nah. Should be just like any digital ticket on your phone. Just have the barcode/qr available for scan at entry. 

Go old school and print them out if that works for you.

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Forward the logon details and I’ll check for you. 😂 

Nah. Should be just like any digital ticket on your phone. Just have the barcode/qr available for scan at entry. 

Go old school and print them out if that works for you.

It says you can't print them out which is why I now have a smartphone. Although it's just a QR code that comes up so I'm not sure why you couldn't print them.

There should be a standard for digital tickets. Should offer a standard PDF file for printing or have the option of downloading to Google Wallet, or the Apple equivalent. It would make things a lot easier for folk since digital tickets now appear to be the norm.

First gig of 2023 soon. The Delgados at The Barrowlands. Hate the place - it stinks of pish and the sprung wooden floor really isnt that special. I'm too old and have been to too many gigs to care about atmosphere. I just want a good view of the stage and good sound quality. But it's The Delgados and I missed seeing them first time round.

5 CC gigs after that, including Aoife O'Donovan 2 nights running.

But worryingly a real lack of shows after that. I have a couple on my radar. If I could be sure that the trains were running then I'd book Rozi Plain in Manchester. I know she's playing CC, but she clashes with another gig. And she's playing Edinburgh, but also clashes with something else I want tickets for. So far only Courtney Marie Andrews and Rachel Baiman jump out at me. Really quite disappointed with the lack of good gigs announced between now and the end of spring.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

On 22/01/2023 at 08:24, BallochSonsFan said:

First gig of 2023 soon. The Delgados at The Barrowlands. Hate the place - it stinks of pish and the sprung wooden floor really isnt that special. I'm too old and have been to too many gigs to care about atmosphere. I just want a good view of the stage and good sound quality. But it's The Delgados and I missed seeing them first time round.

I'm going to the Delgados as well and like you missed them the first time although I did have tickets for a gig in Aberdeen in the late 90's or early 00's but was ill. Looking forward to this so much and also Andrew Wasylyk supporting is a bonus!

Edited by betting competition

On 21/01/2023 at 23:05, Miguel Sanchez said:

It says you can't print them out which is why I now have a smartphone. Although it's just a QR code that comes up so I'm not sure why you couldn't print them.

You can save to wallet on phone 

First year in ages i've had multiple gigs to go to.

June Iron Maiden at Hydro (first time seated)

June Ozzy at Hydro if he doesn't cancel for the 12th time

September Blink 182 at hydro

Didn't bother with Kiss this time around, Paul stanley was Lip syncing last time, still a good show but that's unacceptable for the price the tickets are now.

On 24/01/2023 at 12:24, betting competition said:

I'm going to the Delgados as well and like you missed them the first time although I did have tickets for a gig in Aberdeen in the late 90's or early 00's but was ill. Looking forward to this so much and also Andrew Wasylyk supporting is a bonus!

Support act guy is shite. Decent enough as a musician. As are his band. But just self indulgent, noodling lounge jazz tinged shite