Gigs

pilsner_ffc

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Haha, not even sure this qualifies for being in here, but me, misses and 5 year old son, going to Wembley Arena on Friday...wee boy loves that film, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

We're going to see The live version, film on big screen, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra playing and (most of) the original actors / singers from the film playing their parts live.

I'm rather strangely looking forward to it... 

That does sound pretty good.

I saw the live version of War of the Worlds about 6 months ago. Your show sounds similar.

On 03/12/2022 at 18:46, BillyAnchor said:

This is all over my social media currently, any one seeing them this tour?

Aye, saw them at Mono on Saturday. Really good.

Also Paul Heaton Friday night and The Cure Sunday. 

Monday morning was a struggle 

Excellent show from Volbeat at the Hydro tonight. Made even more impressive by the fact that singer Michael Paulsen had a horrible cold. He was out on his feet by the end, but put in an incredible performance regardless. Spectacular production, a band fully embracing the size of the arenas they play.

Excellent support from Skindred, incredibly Benji looks the exact same as the first time I saw them back in 2002!

Opened by Napalm Death, who aren't really my thing, but was fun to finally see them.

20221215_223321.jpg

19 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Excellent show from Volbeat at the Hydro tonight. Made even more impressive by the fact that singer Michael Paulsen had a horrible cold. He was out on his feet by the end, but put in an incredible performance regardless. Spectacular production, a band fully embracing the size of the arenas they play.

Excellent support from Skindred, incredibly Benji looks the exact same as the first time I saw them back in 2002!

Opened by Napalm Death, who aren't really my thing, but was fun to finally see them.

20221215_223321.jpg

Really good gig.

The only thing was one of these fuckin balloons spilled my pint.

20221215_220244.jpg

On 17/12/2022 at 23:40, senorsoupe said:

I know it's super stereotypically Canadian but I just got home from seeing the Barenaked Ladies and it was a really fun show.  They have aot of fun on stage and that energy fills the theatre 

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen them live, both in Scotland and the US, both with and without Steven Page and they always put on a great show. That said, Barrowlands with Page in 2007 will take a bit of beating. They genuinely love playing Glasgow.