Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 07/11/2022 at 15:15, Adamski said:

Would anyone be interested in two tickets to Sigur Ross at the SECC next Monday (14th November)? Worth £62.50 each, will consider reasonable offers.

Just giving this a bump on the off chance that someone fancies a last minute night out tonight. Would sell for substantially less than face value.

19 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Would actually quite fancy seeing Sigur Ross, but I resent having to go through to Glesgae for gigs.

I appreciate there's fuckall Adamski can do about that. 

They’re playing in Scotlands finest metropolis tonight and I think there might be tickets still for sale. 

Looking forward to it, a band I’ve wanted to see for years.

They’re playing in Scotlands finest metropolis tonight and I think there might be tickets still for sale. 

Looking forward to it, a band I’ve wanted to see for years.

Thought they were phenomenal in Glasgow last night! No support act, and they’ll play for 2 and a half hours (with an intermission).

• 2 weeks later...

Elvana were fecking excellent last night.

An Elvis impersonator doing Nirvana covers shouldn't work... but it did. Fantastic entertainment.

They would effortlessly segue from Nirvana to Elvis and back again without missing a beat. I would deffo go to see them again 

I've got Pale Waves at Fat Sam's tomorrow. Not a band that I know much about TBH but I'm keen to check 'em out.

On 27/11/2022 at 12:48, Paul Kersey said:

Elvana were fecking excellent last night.

An Elvis impersonator doing Nirvana covers shouldn't work... but it did. Fantastic entertainment.

They would effortlessly segue from Nirvana to Elvis and back again without missing a beat. I would deffo go to see them again 

I've got Pale Waves at Fat Sam's tomorrow. Not a band that I know much about TBH but I'm keen to check 'em out.

Pale Waves were pretty good, even though they sounded like an Avril Lavigne tribute act at times.

Not my usual kind of thing, but it was something different on a cold Monday night.

Saw First Aid Kit last night at the O2 and thought they were superb. 

First time I have seen them and was not disappointed.   Great vocals, harmonies and backing band. 

I don't particularly like the O2 but it was a superb venue for them. 

Going to see The Proclaimers there tomorrow night and Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott at The Hydro on Friday and looking forward to both. 

Last gig of the year for me last night. Heartless b*****ds at Mono.

Not convinced that their latest material stands up to their career high point. The Mountain remains an absolutely fantastic album. And they didnt do their cover of Done Got Old by Junior Kimbrough. Having slept on it, I'm probably being harsh. The new stuff was fine in its own right. Just not what I expected from them. One of the albums I missed on release over the past couple of years.

I got the album from the merch stand, so I'll listen to it properly when I'm off at Christmas and I'm sure I'll end up really liking it.

Swuthering over Charlatans and Ride on Feb 7th. On one level, it's only $40, which is a relative bargain these days, and I can walk to the venue. It's probably good to show some love for Tim Burgess too, given his Listening Party efforts. On the other level, Carpetmonster Jr v2 is due on Jan 24th so the chances of me falling asleep mid-gig are fairly high.  

9 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

The Cure and The Twilight Sad were both next level good the other night. 

Didn’t get in for The Twilight Sad but agree The Cure were immense. So pleased they played One Hundred Years my favourite Cure track. Thought the couple of new songs were decent too.

Haha, not even sure this qualifies for being in here, but me, misses and 5 year old son, going to Wembley Arena on Friday...wee boy loves that film, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

We're going to see The live version, film on big screen, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra playing and (most of) the original actors / singers from the film playing their parts live.

I'm rather strangely looking forward to it... 

Edited by KirkySuperSub