Gigs

pilsner_ffc

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Two tickets secured for Peter Gabriel in Glasgow next June. He's 72 now so might be his last big tour.

My pal offered to get me one in the presale, however I've never paid over £100 for a gig nevermind £200!

Edited by Lurkst

On 06/11/2022 at 16:04, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Just received the worst news that Mimi Parker has passed away from ovarian cancer.

I was at Low’s show at the Tramway in 2019, and it will rank as the high watermark for a gig memory in the 25 years I’ve been going to see gigs. A spellbinding night.

May she rest in peace.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jan/30/low-review-tramway-glasgow

Very sad.

Tribute from Robert Plant at the Glasgow King's on Sunday night...

5th November 1978, The Jam, The Dickies and Patrick Fitzgerald.

9th November 1979, The Skids.

4th November 1980, Motorhead.

6th November 1980 Buzzcocks.

All The Apollo.

November used to be busy, I'm sure I've seen more around this time, in other venues, definitely another few Motorhead, as their tours were quite routine.

All The Apollo.
November used to be busy, I'm sure I've seen more around this time, in other venues, definitely another few Motorhead, as their tours were quite routine.
I'd have been at the Motorhead gig. Bomber tour I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
All The Apollo.

I'd have been at the Motorhead gig. Bomber tour I'd imagine.

Aye, Lemmy hanging on to the scaffold constructed bomber which "flew" over the crowd. I'm not sure any of it would comply with H&S now.

Ugly Kid Joe at the garage last night, tremendous as always, Whit Crane truly is the great underrated rock vocalist of the last 30 years. Stellar vocals at every show and on every album.
Was Chris Catalyst on support? Think he was playing bass with them on this tour too. He pops up everywhere.

Judas Priest and Queensryche for me next week.

Thanks to the folks who gave me current advice about concert going (O2 Academy- The Tedeschi Trucks Band)

We arrived by taxi from the restaurant about 7.35 to find the place almost full due I suppose to the unreserved seating.

Anyway, got our seats upstairs and, I must say, the view and sound were great. The band kicked off precisely at 8 as predicted on here and played till the back of 9. An interval was held until 9.30 and the band reappeared and we’re still playing when we left at 10.25 in order to catch our train. Hailed a taxi outside and whisked straight to Queens St to catch the 10.45. 
The venue had character but was badly in need of refurbishment. There appeared to be glue on the floors as it became difficult to walk and felt like pushing through slime. Probably a good clean required.

With regard to the band we hadn’t seen them live before but were fantastically impressed. A very professional 12 piece with double drummers which added to the rhythmic effect. The horn section added an extra dimension and each of the three backing singers could either do solos or play an additional instrument. Special word for the keyboardist who was also a great singer.

As for Susan and Derek, well, what can you say. Sublime, fantastic singing coupled with top quality slide guitar playing.

All in all, a great nights entertainment coupled with meeting really friendly folks seated on either side of us.

13 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Was Chris Catalyst on support? Think he was playing bass with them on this tour too. He pops up everywhere.

Judas Priest and Queensryche for me next week.

Yeah he was double duty, first support with his own material and then bass dep for Cordell. He played guitar two tours ago for them as well when Dave Fortman was unavailable.

Franz Ferdinand were absolutely excellent at the Hydro the other night. Slick as f**k. Alex Kapranos is a properly brilliant frontman nowadays too. Ever since the FFS shows, he’s come into his own. 

Edited by GrahamJags