Gigs

pilsner_ffc

For anyone who's into The Who...

My band, The Substitutes, are playing at The Old Hairdressers, Renfield Lane, Glasgow on Saturday 12th November...

Been told a few times we're more authentic than 'Who's Next' or 'Who's Who'...come decide for yourself...

Tickets from the link below...

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Glasgow/The-Old-Hairdressers-Renfield-Lane-Glasgow-(Stereo)/The-Substitutes---Maximum-WHO---playing-Whos-Next-plus-hits/36162252/

IMG-20221013-WA0006.jpg

Few gigs in November arranged all due to fitba:

Julia Jacklin (SWG3) - Aberdeen game got moved to a Friday night yaaas!

Soccer Mommy (The Masquerade, Atlanta) - Aberdeen playing the day before

LCD Soundsystem (Brooklyn Steel, New York) 

Will Sheff - Okkervil River (Le Poisson Rouge, New York)

Also quite excited about Young Fathers having a new Album and tour next year. 

Edited by betting competition

I've got Damnation/Salvation in two weekends, really looking forward to seeing We Lost The Sea, Wolves in the Throne Room, Godlfesh (again), Pig Destoyer and Converge.

The trains are going to be shite, but I can just about do it, I think.

Just back from seeing The Pretty Reckless at the Barras’. Good gig, and Taylor Momsen was a fantastic frontwoman… but, it’s 2022, not 1976, so if you’re only going to play one song as an encore, don’t insert a fcuking tedious drum solo into it. Still, she was tremendous, the band were great, it was loud but the sound quality was brilliant.

Nerina Pallot was fantastic (as always) at St Luke’s in Glasgow on Wednesday. First time I’ve been to a gig there, brilliant venue. I was down near the front, but moved before the encores to get a photo from the back of the ex-church. You can only glimpse the top of her napper [emoji4] as she’s sat at the piano singing ‘Sophia’, always closes her gigs with that. Hopefully someone else I like plays there soon. Really atmospheric place with great acoustics.

8506294B-66B4-4C1A-BE86-27740494E03F.thumb.jpeg.573f3b89e41184af43c6b2bbdd2a948e.jpeg
Saw Tangerine Dream there back in the spring. Great wee venue.

On 26/10/2022 at 10:05, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm in a queue on the Ticketmaster site for the time ever. This is a lot of shite.

23 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Must've been nice buying tickets for things before the internet. What a world.

23 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The four tweets I've sent to the Ticketmaster customer service account without reply are even more annoying tbqh. How can a company be so averse to me giving them money?

Seems I got the presale email at 6PM last night, so that was nice of them.

Went to see Band of Horses at the Barrowland last night. Great sound and great gig. Some voice on Ben Bridwell too.

The band couldnt believe the crowds reaction and were obviously bouyed up by it. Last time I saw them was an online gig during lockdown.

Just booked a ticket for the Elvana gig in Dundee in a few weeks.

A Nirvana tribute act fronted by an Elvis impersonator. This could be the best thing ever, or it could just as easily be the worst thing ever...

Edited by Paul Kersey

1 minute ago, Paul Kersey said:

Just booked a ticket for the Elvana gig in Dundee in a few weeks.

A Nirvana tribute act fronted by an Elvis impersonator. This could be the best thing ever, or it could just as easily be the worst thing ever...

Not seen them but I've heard good things about them.

I thought Bob Dylan was fantastic last night. He’s a bit of a hero of mine and there’s a big possibility he’ll never be back, so it’s great to finally see him. Played the majority of Rough and Rowdy Ways with a few older songs thrown in; absolutely no hits…

As an aside, it was a phone free gig, so your phone was put in a locked wallet that you carried around with you for the time you were in the Armadillo.