Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 03/10/2022 at 19:42, betting competition said:

Away on Holiday to Berlin so going to Just Mustard gig (watched them recently in Glasgow and they was amazing live). Away to watch the Cure/the twilight sad and also Nils Frahm in Leipzig.  

Travelling to US watching the dons in Atlanta and bought tickets for Soccer Mommy. I'm hoping to get a ticket for LCD Soundsystem in New York. 

I'm going to Berlin the week after next.

I've got a ticket for The Cure at the Mercedes Benz Arena. 

I've been keeping an eye out for any other gigs but nothing is really jumping out at me. I was hoping for some reggae or cumbia at YAAM but there's eff all on that week.

What an absolutely outstanding show from The Menzingers. A straight up greatest hits set from start to finish. Major sing a long, I now have no voice left. Showing exactly why they're one of my favourite bands.

Superb support from Joyce Manor and Sincere Engineer as well. Great night all round.

20221006_214643.jpg

20221006_204325.jpg

20221006_194417.jpg

What an absolutely outstanding show from The Menzingers. A straight up greatest hits set from start to finish. Major sing a long, I now have no voice left. Showing exactly why they're one of my favourite bands.
Superb support from Joyce Manor and Sincere Engineer as well. Great night all round.
20221006_214643.thumb.jpg.e9d8d80b363fcf70c7ba5109cb583b0c.jpg
20221006_204325.thumb.jpg.ac165d557f22ae56a33c82917409de65.jpg
20221006_194417.thumb.jpg.dece2b7f2e8d53f715c83c7dae0defad.jpg
Agreed! What a great gig, The Menzingers were superb and first time seeing Joyce Manor, thought they were really good too, caught the last few songs from Sincere Engineer who I'd never heard but will check them out today! [emoji106]

I saw Stone Foundation at Beat Generator in Dundee last night.

I'll admit that I'd never heard of them before I saw the gig advertised but I went along just for the hell of it. Not many bands come to Dundee after all.

They were excellent, proper funky acid jazz type stuff. Much better than I expected. 

I just saw The Cure at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Berlin.

Twilight sad  were the support act, and they were astonishingly pish. Most of their songs were instantly forgettable, apart from one that had a chorus that went something like "fucking someone won't keep you warm at night". I nearly cringed myself inside out when I heard that. It was the most embarrassing lyric that I have ever heard.

The Cure were immense though. They must have played for the best part of three hours. They did every tune from Disintegration along with a selection  of their various chart hits.

Robert Smith must be drawing a pension by now, but he still has it.

Edited by Paul Kersey

Watched Just Mustard in Berlin and they was excellent as they were in Glasgow. 

Went to Leipzig and watched Twilight Sad and the Cure. Twilight Sad was excellent had decent view but went for a few drinks and my view for the cure was horrendous, didn't see a thing and wasn't enjoying it much either so left early. I hate big venues where if standing if no big screens then they ain't seeing anything. 

Pavement last night at the Barras was fucking excellent. They absolutely rattled through the near two hour set, and the crowd were right into it. Didn't play in the mouth a desert though, which upset me slightly.

11 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I just saw The Cure at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Berlin.

Twilight sad  were the support act, and they were astonishingly pish. Most of their songs were instantly forgettable, apart from one that had a chorus that went something like "fucking someone won't keep you warm at night". I nearly cringed myself inside out when I heard that. It was the most embarrassing lyric that I have ever heard.

The Cure were immense though. They must have played for the best part of three hours. They did every tune from Disintegration along with a selection  of their various chart hits.

Robert Smith must be drawing a pension by now, but he still has it.

You don't deserve ears.

21 hours ago, GAD said:

Pavement last night at the Barras was fucking excellent. They absolutely rattled through the near two hour set, and the crowd were right into it. Didn't play in the mouth a desert though, which upset me slightly.

Went to see them in Edinburgh last night.  Outstanding.  And they played In the mouth a desert.