Gigs

pilsner_ffc

1 hour ago, Squonk said:

I'd never previously been at the O2 Academy, nor seen Marillion live. I thought Hogarth's vocals were superb, not to mention his increasingly alcohol-fuelled banter. Excellent gig spoiled very slightly, as you say, by the narrow and painful seating.

20220920_220640.jpg

He forgot the words to Garden Party. 😂

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:
12 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:
Marillion last night at the Glasgow Academy.
Very good gig. Although the temporary seating in there is absolutely gash.

What's with the seating? I've never known that there.

Oh, it's so bad. No elbow room at all. I spent the whole time sat as if I was in a strait-jacket.

Zeal & Ardor ticket purchased for 11th of November. First time I'll have been to a gig at Oran Mor. Having been going to gigs for over 20 years now its always nice when you get to go to a new venue.

Saw them last year in Nashville supporting Mastodon and Opeth, they were awesome. Would love to see them play a full set.

I’ve got Frank Turner at Liquid Rooms on 5th
I got email off See tickets about covid restrictions I’m assuming it’s generic and no requirement to show pass ? As it says comply with any requirements
Nothing on liquid rooms website

IMG_1579.jpg

Yeah that's just a general rider to cover themselves for any restrictions that "might" be in place, even though there aren't. They can safely ditch it now, tbh, but meantime you can ignore.

Thought so first gig in Scotland for three years so wasn’t sure

Away on Holiday to Berlin so going to Just Mustard gig (watched them recently in Glasgow and they was amazing live). Away to watch the Cure/the twilight sad and also Nils Frahm in Leipzig.  

Travelling to US watching the dons in Atlanta and bought tickets for Soccer Mommy. I'm hoping to get a ticket for LCD Soundsystem in New York. 

Edited by betting competition

I was at Sigur Ros last Thursday in the Wizink Center in Madrid. It's a shite venue (think SECC) but they were absolutely incredible. Jonsi's voice as beautiful as ever and a great set list with them playing over a couple of hours with an intermission. 

No hoppipolla though, mind. Fljotavik was the highlight for me - stunning. 

Anyone going to any of the Bobby D shows?

Also has anyone ever been to a gig at Twickenham, considering the Depeche Mode tour next year, but i don't think i've been to a stadium gig since the 90s, likely to be any good? 

Edited by Christophe