Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Watched Hamish Hawk and Kathryn Joseph at Marshall College quad on Friday night, it was a fantastic gig with Hamish Hawk playing on his own and Kathryn Joseph excellent as normal. It was good to see both artists play Heir of the Curse songs as a tribute. 

On 09/09/2022 at 10:03, Miguel Sanchez said:

Two nights of Mogwai at the Barras for a nice Christmas present. I can feel the deafness coming on already.

Thanks for the reminder as I got tickets for the Aberdeen show

Edited by betting competition

15 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:
Was meant to see Marillion on Monday but it's been cancelled. Hopefully it gets rescheduled.

Why did they cancel?

The Royal Concert Hall informed them that the venue will be closed all day on Monday the 19th of September due to the Queens funeral taking place on that day. Therefore the concert scheduled for that night will no longer take place, and will potentially be rescheduled.

FWIW I think that is a load of nonsense.

Echo and the Bunnymen in Detroit last Friday were superb. It may be the one and only time me and Mrs MSU will be able to truthfully tell the box office that "We're on the guest list" and it was a great experience. Ian McCulloch's banter with the crowd between songs was as unintelligible as it's ever been. According to our sound engineer friend, and the reason for our guest list status, he was mostly going on about Scottish Independence but it was impossible to decipher if he was pro or anti. The support act were Warhorses, a local Detroit band called up at short notice when the scheduled support canceled, and they're well worth checking out if you're into "that sort of thing."

23 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just booked The Dead Kennedys at La Belle Angel next May, only have The Cure in December so felt the need to start getting stuff booked for 2023.

Seen them twice in bigger venues so will be good to see them in La Belle which is a venue I like.

Have you seen the original line up, or just the post-Jello version?

I'd be interested to know if the current line up is any good.

39 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Have you seen the original line up, or just the post-Jello version?

I'd be interested to know if the current line up is any good.

I’ve only seen the post Jello version, this will be the third time I’ll see them and they are fantastic. I was only 12/13 when punk started and didn’t really have the cash to go to concerts. Having never seen them with Jello I can’t really compare but the gigs I’ve seen have been excellent and Ron Greer does a good job as frontman.

1 hour ago, MSU said:

Echo and the Bunnymen in Detroit last Friday were superb. It may be the one and only time me and Mrs MSU will be able to truthfully tell the box office that "We're on the guest list" and it was a great experience. Ian McCulloch's banter with the crowd between songs was as unintelligible as it's ever been. According to our sound engineer friend, and the reason for our guest list status, he was mostly going on about Scottish Independence but it was impossible to decipher if he was pro or anti. The support act were Warhorses, a local Detroit band called up at short notice when the scheduled support canceled, and they're well worth checking out if you're into "that sort of thing."

Saw the Bunnymen for the umpteenth time in February at the Barrowlands and Mrs K spent the entire concert asking me “what did he say”, needless to say I hadn’t a bloody clue.

The Royal Concert Hall informed them that the venue will be closed all day on Monday the 19th of September due to the Queens funeral taking place on that day. Therefore the concert scheduled for that night will no longer take place, and will potentially be rescheduled.
FWIW I think that is a load of nonsense.
Easter previously recorded there with orchestra is tremendous on YouTube.

10 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Was meant to see Marillion on Monday but it's been cancelled. Hopefully it gets rescheduled.

Gutted to miss this too. There are a few dates between the end of the UK part of the tour (30th Sept) and the start of the continental Europe leg (16th Oct) that the Royal Concert Hall is available, but I guess the logistics mean it's probably not as straightforward as that, unfortunately.

Gutted to miss this too. There are a few dates between the end of the UK part of the tour (30th Sept) and the start of the continental Europe leg (16th Oct) that the Royal Concert Hall is available, but I guess the logistics mean it's probably not as straightforward as that, unfortunately.
Greenie for user name[emoji106]

On 15/09/2022 at 19:22, Richey Edwards said:

I was at Adam Ant tonight.

I was not sure how good he would be live, but he was very good. A really enjoyable gig.

A friend of mine was there and she recorded quite a bit of it. I thought his voice was holding up brilliantly. Shame the other Ants weren't there.

Lesbian Bed Death at Bannerman's last Thursday.

Initially bought the ticket because I didn't have a gig for September, it was cheap, and I liked the daft name. Actually had a good time. A mix of gothic punk and hard rock with a horror theme, with songs like "Bela Lugosi's Back" and "Pretty But Mental" 

20220915_215051.jpg

11 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Marillion last night at the Glasgow Academy.

Very good gig. Although the temporary seating in there is absolutely gash.

I'd never previously been at the O2 Academy, nor seen Marillion live. I thought Hogarth's vocals were superb, not to mention his increasingly alcohol-fuelled banter. Excellent gig spoiled very slightly, as you say, by the narrow and painful seating.

20220920_220640.jpg

Edited by Squonk