Gigs

pilsner_ffc

A week shy of 41 years since Bob Marley played two gigs at the Apollo - amazing to think that he didn't sellout the venue (Capacity 3,500ish) we bought our tickets on the night (Saturday) & the gig was half full at best,

Edited by btb

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

44 years ago tonight, I went to The Clash at Glasgow Apollo.

44 fucking years!

I would have been at that one I saw them at all their Apollo shows. The one on Rude Boy the bouncers were hitting everyone, I got bruised ribs (maybe broken) when I got hit with some cosh thing as we ran a gauntlet to get out. I was pissing blood for days. I couldnt tell my mum as I wasn't meant to be there, had to fake some high school gym injury.

On 28/06/2022 at 19:27, JustOneCornetto said:

First time at The Voodoo Rooms last night to see Chrystabell who was amazing and very sexy, Support act was retro synth duo Macon Heights who were very good.

She is absolutely bat shit mental, but she also does that David Lynch thing brilliantly.  Au Revoir Simone are similarly odd but great. 

Guns n roses tickets are always a lottery.

Lined up for the rest of the year I have Roger Waters, Ghost/Mastodon/Spiritbox, WASP/Armored Saint, and Judas Priest/Queensryche. Also noticed that Alice Cooper is coming here, and have never seen him, so may go to that. My son might drag me to Weird Al too.

Just got an email saying it's postponed and they're trying to reschedule. They finish the European tour at the end of next week so I'd they can fit it in with the venue, it could be then but I have a feeling it'll end up cancelled altogether. I saw them on Friday so although I'm gutted about it, it's probably not as much for me. I feel worse for folk that are going to miss out altogether.

Few gigs lined up in coming months.

Bought tickets yesterday for HAMISH HAWK who for some reason is playing a gig in Irvine library later this month.

MAKING WAVES FESTIVAL also in Irvine this month. Not fussed at all about headliners Del Amitri but looking forward to seeing BLUE ROSE CODE and FATHERSON. Twin Atlantic, JJ Gilmour, Nerina  Pallot and Anna Sweeney also playing on the Saturday.

SWEETHEART REVUE in Stereo next month.

FRUIT BATS in Glad Cafe (moved from St. Luke’s) also next month.

MONICA QUEEN in CCA in September.

If I can get time off work LIZABETH RUSSO is playing the HAC in Irvine (November).

Good wee mix to look forward to and I’m sure more will crop up. 

Edited by mighty meadow
Predictive text.

On 04/07/2022 at 16:16, btb said:

A week shy of 41 years since Bob Marley played two gigs at the Apollo - amazing to think that he didn't sellout the venue (Capacity 3,500ish) we bought our tickets on the night (Saturday) & the gig was half full at best,

Tbh a decent turnout given that he'd been dead for two months by that point. 

On 04/07/2022 at 21:36, microdave said:

Just got an email saying it's postponed and they're trying to reschedule. They finish the European tour at the end of next week so I'd they can fit it in with the venue, it could be then but I have a feeling it'll end up cancelled altogether. I saw them on Friday so although I'm gutted about it, it's probably not as much for me. I feel worse for folk that are going to miss out altogether.

I was kind of sad about this one as it was the one Glasgow Green gig I was actually looking forward to hearing. I did get a bit of them (or someone anyway) practicing Mr Brownstone on Monday afternoon. No vocals thoigh.

Now I have the punishment of listening to TRSMT instead ☹️

I was kind of sad about this one as it was the one Glasgow Green gig I was actually looking forward to hearing. I did get a bit of them (or someone anyway) practicing Mr Brownstone on Monday afternoon. No vocals thoigh.
Now I have the punishment of listening to TRSMT instead [emoji3525]

I now think they definitely will reschedule rather than cancel altogether so you'll be able to enjoy it then. TRNSMT is something to make sure you appreciate the good gigs. A bit like enjoying a team winning is enhanced by going through the crap years.