Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Guns N Roses were phenomenal last night in Tottenham. There were issues though. They arrived on stage an hour late and there were a few sound problems but they sorted them pretty quickly and they went on to tear the place up. I'm still a bit croaky this morning which doesn't usually happen to me. And I get to do it all again in Glasgow on Tuesday.f85b641a6c0f5efeca8d5387aaac0515.jpg

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Anybody know what the set times are for Primal Scream tomorrow night? I assume the same as tonight, whatever those were.

Primal Scream came on about 20 to 9.

Absolutely brilliant time was had.

A wee word of advice if you are getting a beer, you have to buy tokens beforehand. 

Guns N Roses next week, my missus favourite band seen them in London a couple years ago but we've went for some VIP tickets because she wants to experience going at the front. Very jealous of anyone seeing Pearl Jam aswell.

1 hour ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I see from FB Mani was on-stage last night for the last two songs.

He was indeed. 

Just added a wee something to what was an absolutely brilliant concert.

I have seen Primal Scream many times and last night was one of the best.

I'm a bit gutted to be honest, I was swithering about getting tickets for these gigs, but ended up passing them by...regretting it now tbh.

The gigs in the tents at T In The Park - (before it turned shite!) - were always the best parts for me, The View, The Charlatans, Ian Brown, Primal Scream...place was always bouncing!

19 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I'm a bit gutted to be honest, I was swithering about getting tickets for these gigs, but ended up passing them by...regretting it now tbh.

The gigs in the tents at T In The Park - (before it turned shite!) - were always the best parts for me, The View, The Charlatans, Ian Brown, Primal Scream...place was always bouncing!

I think that there are still a few tickets available for tonight.

11 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Anybody know what the set times are for Primal Scream tomorrow night? I assume the same as tonight, whatever those were.

They were on about quarter to nine last night. Sneak some drink in, the queue for the bar was a fucking riot. 

Edited by Swami
The jobsworths at the gate were a pain in the arse as well. As if I’d have anything in my wallet if I wasn’t too old for all that nonsense. This wasn’t anyone’s first rodeo. Primals were ace though.

Down in Blackburn to see Rival Sons tonight as they inexplicably didn't manage to book a Scottish date on this tour!

Still means I didn't have to suffer Accies losing a friendly to QoS & instead took in Bamber Bridge vs Preston NE in a pre-season friendly as it was on the way to Blackburn on the train.

I know I won't be disappointed as Rival Sons are always awesome live.

Guns N Roses were phenomenal last night in Tottenham. There were issues though. They arrived on stage an hour late and there were a few sound problems but they sorted them pretty quickly and they went on to tear the place up. I'm still a bit croaky this morning which doesn't usually happen to me. And I get to do it all again in Glasgow on Tuesday.f85b641a6c0f5efeca8d5387aaac0515.jpg
Found out today that there was a problem during the sound check which meant they didn't open the doors on time and also meant the first support act didn't play at all. I had no problem getting in at all but that was probably due to arriving about 45 minutes before gnr were due on. There was a problem with the stadium which was why they were delayed and cut five songs from the set. They were still on for 2.5 hours though. It seems to have been problems with the organisation around the stadium and even though it was the first gig held there, they've had plenty of football crowds so this crap doesn't happen. Hopefully they'll have sorted all that out for those attending tonight.

10 minutes ago, microdave said:
13 hours ago, microdave said:

Found out today that there was a problem during the sound check which meant they didn't open the doors on time and also meant the first support act didn't play at all. I had no problem getting in at all but that was probably due to arriving about 45 minutes before gnr were due on. There was a problem with the stadium which was why they were delayed and cut five songs from the set. They were still on for 2.5 hours though. It seems to have been problems with the organisation around the stadium and even though it was the first gig held there, they've had plenty of football crowds so this crap doesn't happen. Hopefully they'll have sorted all that out for those attending tonight.

Oh they ain't from what I am reading on Twitter.

Oh they ain't from what I am reading on Twitter.
Aye, I went for a look after I posted that. They did sort the sound fairly early last night so hopefully same again although it would be better if it didn't happen at all.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

44 years ago tonight, I went to The Clash at Glasgow Apollo.

44 fucking years!

I realised it's 25 years ago today since I saw Alice Cooper for the first time and I had a similar reaction to that as you. That extra 19 years for you has made me feel not quite as old. Cheers Sarge.