Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 28/06/2022 at 11:21, die hard doonhamer said:

First outdoor gig in over a decade for me tomorrow, going to the Hella Mega tour -Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer - at Bellahouston. My last outdoor gig was also Green Day, down in Manchester back in 2010. 

An incredible gig. Weezer were ok, but Fall Out Boy and Green Day were both absolutely superb. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

An incredible gig. Weezer were ok, but Fall Out Boy and Green Day were both absolutely superb. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 
How busy was it for this? I had a friend up there and the videos he sent made it look like there wasn't that many people there. Might have just been the angle he was filming or something.

7 minutes ago, Qos91 said:
2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

How busy was it for this? I had a friend up there and the videos he sent made it look like there wasn't that many people there. Might have just been the angle he was filming or something.

Certainly not a sell out,  but a decent crowd regardless. 

It was a very good gig,  a little too much cheesyness from green day and weezer for me but i'm very much in the shut up and get on with it catagory.

Certainly not a sell out,  but a decent crowd regardless. 
It was a very good gig,  a little too much cheesyness from green day and weezer for me but i'm very much in the shut up and get on with it catagory.
Good stuff. Kinda gutted I didn't go but I had to choose between that and Guns n Roses next week at Glasgow green.
Will soon find out if I made the right decision...

Huge gig week ahead, GnR on Tuesday in Glasgow then Pearl Jam and the pixies at Hyde Park on Friday (which will also be the last tick on my "bands who are still a thing" bucket list) I am going to be skint!

On a side note re: Axl's voice. I've seen them twice in the last 5 years and both times it noticeably started really rough and improved as the gigs went on.

Huge gig week ahead, GnR on Tuesday in Glasgow then Pearl Jam and the pixies at Hyde Park on Friday (which will also be the last tick on my "bands who are still a thing" bucket list) I am going to be skint!
On a side note re: Axl's voice. I've seen them twice in the last 5 years and both times it noticeably started really rough and improved as the gigs went on.
Why do Pearl Jam never play in Scotland?
Last time SECC 2000, i believe?

A break over the weekend and then next week is absolutely loaded for me:

Tuesday: Pixies 

Thursday: Elbow/Richard Hawley/Badly Draw Boy

Friday: The Strokes/Fontaines DC/Wet Leg

Saturday: Tears For Fears/Alison Moyet

Sunday: Paul Weller/The Charlatans 

6 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Chili Peppers gig cancelled tonight, due to illness. On the official RHCP Facebook page.

I wasn't going, just in case anyone here was.

Had tickets, turns out I wasn't able to go due to the wife being ill.

Glad I may either get to go or get a refund now.

Unless its Flea thats ill and they need a bass player to stand in then im available...

10 hours ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Why do Pearl Jam never play in Scotland?
Last time SECC 2000, i believe?

It's absolutely infuriating. Having said that I won't be complaining when I'm sitting in 25 degree sunshine in Hyde Park with a pint next Friday afternoon 😂