Gigs

pilsner_ffc

went to see Love Revisited in Birkenhead on Saturday.  Obviously Johnny Echolls is the only member left in the band but utterly fantastic.  He did a wee Q&A before it which was mesmerising to listen to his stories -many I'd read before but theres something magical hearing stuff live from the source. 

What a set list too for the gig..all of Forever Changes then some choice cuts from the other albums. 

Was at Rag'nBone man at Newcastle racecourse on Sunday night. I actually knew more of his songs than I thought😁 but he was excellent 👌. Plus I think it was only about 40 quid admission which is better value than some of the Robbers 😄

On 27/06/2022 at 10:25, fuzzydunlop said:

went to see Love Revisited in Birkenhead on Saturday.  Obviously Johnny Echolls is the only member left in the band but utterly fantastic.  He did a wee Q&A before it which was mesmerising to listen to his stories -many I'd read before but theres something magical hearing stuff live from the source. 

What a set list too for the gig..all of Forever Changes then some choice cuts from the other albums. 

Going to see them at Mono this Friday, can't wait.

Edited by the aggressive beggar
Wrong day!

First outdoor gig in over a decade for me tomorrow, going to the Hella Mega tour -Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer - at Bellahouston. My last outdoor gig was also Green Day, down in Manchester back in 2010. 

First outdoor gig since the start of COVID for myself. Typical the weather has turned and it’ll no doubt be soaking from start to finish.

Kings of Leon at the hydro tonight for me first though.

Took in the Sunday of Outbreak Festival in Manchester. Some absolutely brilliant acts on. Deafheaven (on their only European show this summer) continue to be the best live band in the world for me at the moment, just euphoric.

PXL_20220626_195924109_MP.thumb.jpg.814fdca131a496a32a65ba3e1bdf5769.jpg

Other highlights were Touche Amore, Vein.FM and Loathe. 

Check out this brilliant picture I got of the bassist from Vein.FM! 

PXL_20220626_180504861.thumb.jpg.1694e4377732022b48695a97b48b8801.jpg

The festival was a "no barrier" show so hunners of c***s stage diving left, right and centre. Someone got stretched out with a broken neck and the gig stopped for a few minutes during the Show Me The Body set! (Not exaggerating, seen their medical update on Twitter, seem in good spirits!) Mayhem. I managed to resist the urge for a while but broke and went for a tumble when Deafheaven finished on Dream House. Took leave of my senses somewhat, I'm 40 for christ's sake!

Edited by Christophe

Monday was the more sedate but no less brilliant Bob Mould in Chester. Was a bit achy after Outbreak but couldn't miss seeing an alt-rock legend in a tiny venue. He done a solo electric show which sounded a bit weird at first without a rhythm section, but once your ears adjusted to it it was brilliant. Blitzed through about 25 songs in about 90 mins. Including loads of Husker Du and Sugar. PXL_20220627_202011006.thumb.jpg.6b07d0a9c19cfbc8461579f523a0c956.jpgExcellent stuff. 

Next stop: Pixies in Manchester next Tuesday 

Edited by Christophe

8 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Guns n Roses in Marlay Park Dublin last night same venue tonight for the Chili peppers

First time at Marlay Park for a gig and it's a superb set up

I'm going to see GnR on Friday and the email says that they'll be on stage at 1845. Were they on as early as that in Dublin?

1 minute ago, microdave said:

I'm going to see GnR on Friday and the email says that they'll be on stage at 1845. Were they on as early as that in Dublin?

7pm played for just over 3,hrs but Marlay park has a half 10 curfew 

17 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’m told Axl’s vocals are nowhere near what they were back when I saw them in the 80s, which is not surprising. 

I’ve been to see Slash and Duff in various bands including VR when Scott Weiland announced the bands collapse live on stage at the Academy.

First seen in 1988 and his vocals are indeed not up to what they once we're but that's what years of "good" living will do to you 

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Off to see the Taylor Hawkins tribute gig at Wembley in September. Fcuking state of the price of travel and accommodation mind. 

26AC68E0-AB53-4612-BC6A-5CFBD33EB3EF.thumb.jpeg.3c85f836266394d85f34d2e4c248128b.jpeg

Same...get a two for travel railcard saved a good bit that way and plenty cheapish hovels around kings cross that will do for the night 

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Same...get a two for travel railcard saved a good bit that way and plenty cheapish hovels around kings cross that will do for the night 

We just got something close by Wembley that we can walk too. I’m getting too auld for queuing up for transport after gig’s especially Wembley!