Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 18/06/2022 at 18:51, The Naitch said:

Diana Ross at the Hydro last night. Miles better than the clusterfuck that was the Jubilee performance. What an icon.

Thought she was brilliant, although f**k knows what the last 15 minutes was about

12 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

289345815_591643082319599_75202891824857

Biffy supported by Architects sounds like a good night to me.

It does, but to me it’s confusing,  both bands could easily headline that tour with a much weaker support.     I’d get a joint headline,  but a big worry over this is architects get punted to a 40 minute set which shows which is far far too short for their amazing back catalogue.

I just can’t see space in the schedule for both bands to show their all.  Even your typical 90 minute set for a headliner both can fill easily and leave you wanting more.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It does, but to me it’s confusing,  both bands could easily headline that tour with a much weaker support.     I’d get a joint headline,  but a big worry over this is architects get punted to a 40 minute set which shows which is far far too short for their amazing back catalogue.

I just can’t see space in the schedule for both bands to show their all.  Even your typical 90 minute set for a headliner both can fill easily and leave you wanting more.

Just proves I'm too old for gigs now...

I have literally no idea who Architects are...not a clue...🤷🏻‍♂️

The Avalanches on Monday night at the QMU. Been wanting to see them live since the first time I heard Since I left You on MTV2 when I was still in school but they disappeared off the radar for about 16 years between albums 1 & 2 and only ever seemed to tour in Australia.

A complete joy to watch from start to finish. 

Also done a two weekender at Primavera Sound. The first Thursday was brutal with hour long bar queues, no water and no crowd control to prevent crushes. The other 5 days were tremendous. 

Felice Brothers were great at the slightly odd Botanics House (formerly Mr G’s) in Inverness.  Whisky fuelled, but gloriously anthemic as usual.   They new stuff - and new line up - seems more mature.    

B1CE94DC-C052-422D-A7CA-BE761D78C5E2.jpeg

Edited by Savage Henry

A new thing for me today.

Admiral Fallow in Alloa Library, as part of Get it Loud in Libraries.

Absolutely tremendous stuff. Quality music, lovely building, and me finding out there is more to Alloa than pie-on-a-roll at the Recs.

8874543679d6ab7ecd85b1297ee7ba00.jpge8eb5c5300766ee94b28e4ab4b6395a9.jpg
That actually looks like a brilliant wee venue.