Gigs

pilsner_ffc

James and Shed Seven were brilliant in the Big Top at Ingleston last night. James played almost a greatest hit set which was immense. Young band The K’s opened the night and they were really good.

Only down side was the drink, cans of luke warm Brewdog Lost Lager was the only lager option and was rancid. 

Other than that it was a top night.

76B51C76-CFAC-45E7-A088-4F134D0AB553.jpeg

James and Shed Seven were brilliant in the Big Top at Ingleston last night. James played almost a greatest hit set which was immense. Young band The K’s opened the night and they were really good.
Only down side was the drink, cans of luke warm Brewdog Lost Lager was the only lager option and was rancid. 

Other than that it was a top night.
76B51C76-CFAC-45E7-A088-4F134D0AB553.thumb.jpeg.02b3957994be33132526cf9d0a79c1c4.jpeg

I was at the Madness gig there last night. The gig itself was great but I agree the price of a can of Brewdog was ridiculous, especially as I was on the low alcohol one as I was driving.
Though judging by the state of many people there, they were happy to pay.
ce2af992f02579b3963211457e117dba.jpg

I fulfilled a decades-long ambition by catching IQ at the Islington Assembly Hall in London on Saturday night. Excellent gig spoiled ever so slightly by the thunderous drums drowning out the keyboards and bass at various points.

20220611_213522.jpg

Edited by Squonk

Not directly gig related, but I was in Berkeley studios last night with my band rehearsing and was pretty impressed to see that Nine Inch Nails were in at the time, preparing to rehearse for their gig at the O2 Academy tomorrow night...never seen a band with so much gear in all my life, easily 30 guitars in stands waiting to be loaded in...!!

Often see Scottish bands in, Del Amitri, Hue & Cry, Franz Ferdinand, Biffy Clyro etc., but was pretty impressed to see a band of that stature hanging around.

I was just at the Kae Tempest Gig at Beat Generator in Dundee.

Kae is a fantastic performer. It was a pretty intense gig. 

There was a record signing thing afterwards but I didn't stick around for it. I've never really seen the point of getting a record signed TBH.

Edited by Paul Kersey

Blagged some freebies for the Lytham Festival in a couple of weeks.

Not a weekender festival as such, they have 1 headline act & support over 13 different nights. Kind of like the Summer Nights at the Bandstand in Glasgow.

So over 4 nights i'm going to see: Elbow/Richard Hawley, The Strokes/Fontaines DC, Tears For Fears/Alf Moyet, Paul Weller/The Charlatans. 

Have also bought a ticket to see Bob Mould in Chester the week before all that.

Pixies in Manchester falls in between and then a couple of weeks after Lytham it's BlueDot Festival at Jodrell Bank, a weekender headlined by Bjork/Mogwai/Metronomy/Groove Armada.

Should be a cracking few weeks gigging, hopefully the weather is kind for the outdoor stuff!  

On 14/06/2022 at 08:56, KirkySuperSub said:

Not directly gig related, but I was in Berkeley studios last night with my band rehearsing and was pretty impressed to see that Nine Inch Nails were in at the time, preparing to rehearse for their gig at the O2 Academy tomorrow night...never seen a band with so much gear in all my life

Gig was really tremendous 

Did you see the man himself dotting about?

3 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

Gig was really tremendous 

Did you see the man himself dotting about?

Nah, I'm guessing the rehearsal was the Tuesday during the day, I was in 6pm Monday, they were setting up, a few US guys around, but definitely never saw Trent...🤷🏻‍♂️

Got a last minute ticket for Noel Gallagher's HFB tomorrow night in Wales. The Vaccines and Feeder supporting. 

Couple of acts been added to those Lytham gigs I'm going to next month too. Badly Drawn Boy on the Elbow show, and Wet Leg on The Strokes show. Nice. 

Edited by Christophe

Feeder [emoji85]...FH, I went thru a period years ago where Feeder were the support band near enough every fookin' gig...them, and PJ Bloody Harvey...sakes man, one or the other...sometimes both...
I fookin' HATE them both...!!
That must've been a while ago. I've been to many places north and south to see Feeder headline for about 20 years now.

36 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
12 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:
Feeder emoji85.png...FH, I went thru a period years ago where Feeder were the support band near enough every fookin' gig...them, and PJ Bloody Harvey...sakes man, one or the other...sometimes both...
I fookin' HATE them both...!!

That must've been a while ago. I've been to many places north and south to see Feeder headline for about 20 years now.

Aw yeah, I'm talking late 90's, early 00's here... 👍

I've just sorted myself out with flights, accommodation and a ticket for the Fire is Gold festival in Antwerp this September.

I'm quite looking forward to a relaxing day sipping Belgian beer in a park while surrounded by thousands of E'd up Flemish and Dutch ravers...

4 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Diana Ross at the Hydro last night. Miles better than the clusterfuck that was the Jubilee performance. What an icon.

Last time I was in New York, I was in a hotel just a block or so away from Diana Ross's apartment. 

My shit and Diana Ross's shit would've shared the same sewer.

True story.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (w/ The Vaccines and Feeder)

Great night at Eirias Stadium, Colwyn Bay. Half and half set between HFB stuff for the first 45 mins and then Oasis numbers for the last 45. Then a mixed encore with "If I Had A Gun", "What A Life" and "Don't Look Back In Anger"

PXL_20220618_203956760_MP.thumb.jpg.88b38588632e4261c518977239e63d07.jpg