Gigs

pilsner_ffc

4 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Going to see him on Saturday, decent setlist? Any support? 

Support was Ian Prowse. I was too late to catch his set (the stewards wouldn't let me in while he was playing because it was being recorded apparently), but I had seen him before when he supported EC  in 2020.

Elvis's setlist was varied and included numerous songs from his newest albums A Boy Named If and Hey Clockface as well as the older songs.

He tends to change his setlist quite a bit, so you'll likely see him play a few songs that he didn't play last night. Don't expect him to play Oliver's Army though.

Broken Chanter and Martin John Henry tonight at Sneaky Pete's. Also Raveloe but I missed that bit due to late finish at work.

Broken Chanter were exceptional, and Martin John Henry played a number of my De Rosa favourites (The Engineer [emoji3590]) in his set which he described as "coalminer aesthetic".

Brilliant night, real tonic after a long day at work. Sneaky Pete's is a great wee venue, apart from the bits where you can hear the hand dryer over the quiet bits of the songs!!

Might very well head up to Dundee to see the same line up on Saturday.

8 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Broken Chanter and Martin John Henry tonight at Sneaky Pete's. Also Raveloe but I missed that bit due to late finish at work.

Broken Chanter were exceptional, and Martin John Henry played a number of my De Rosa favourites (The Engineer emoji3590.png) in his set which he described as "coalminer aesthetic".

Brilliant night, real tonic after a long day at work. Sneaky Pete's is a great wee venue, apart from the bits where you can hear the hand dryer over the quiet bits of the songs!!

Might very well head up to Dundee to see the same line up on Saturday.

Whenever I'm up a hill I always find myself singing The Engineer in my head, brilliant song.

The Music at Temple Newsam, Leeds yesterday. 
This was the gig they had originally reformed for and I was always making the pilgrimage to see them on home soil. It was never gonna be as good as the Barras on Tuesday, however that shouldn't detract anything from what was another excellent performance and fantastic gig. 

I was also at this and agree it was excellent. Bizarrely I bumped into a group of Scottish folk and one of them turned out to be a Saints fan from Perth. I’m sure they said they were at the Barras as well and said it was class.

Not long in from The Courettes.

Great band, shite venue. McChuills is properly garbage for a venue. Too small, too hot and the stage is too low. Flavia Couri isnt the biggest and if you weren't down the very front then you couldn't see her. Which is a shame because she' has a great stage presence. But there are wall mounted fans nearer the back of the room and on a horribly muggy night it was ultimately a worth while trade off. The sound was great, which was a minor miracle since Martin Couri's monitor wasn't working. We even had the stage lights go out at one point. Its the mark of a very talented band that despite the technical issues, they still sounded fantastic.