Gigs

pilsner_ffc

17 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

MCR were absolutely immense last night, never seen a standing crowd like that in the Hydro, the place was absolutely jammed.

They were.  I was seated but the floor was absolutely mobbed, I could see the capacity being reduced slightly with the number of times people needed help in the crowd.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

They were.  I was seated but the floor was absolutely mobbed, I could see the capacity being reduced slightly with the number of times people needed help in the crowd.

Yip, I said to my wife that normally I would want standing but we were seated too and I’m not sure I would have liked standing in there, it was just too packed.

21 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

MCR were absolutely immense last night, never seen a standing crowd like that in the Hydro, the place was absolutely jammed.

I saw a post on Facebook a few days before the gig saying it was a sell out and also had set a record for number of tickets sold for a show at The Hydro. I'd be interested to know just how many were sold and how that compared to other shows.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

I saw a post on Facebook a few days before the gig saying it was a sell out and also had set a record for number of tickets sold for a show at The Hydro. I'd be interested to know just how many were sold and how that compared to other shows.

I seen that it was a record number of tickets sold.  Normally at the Hydro there is space at the back of the standing but it was jam packed right to the back.

32 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I've got Dadi Freyer, who represented Iceland at Eurovision last year at SWG3 next week. Mrs The Hunter fancied going so I'm tagging along, not sure what to expect as I only know two songs, but should be a laugh. What's SWG3 like as a venue? Never been before.

Galvaniser's: Good

TV studio: Shite

Queen at the Hydro last night was awesome. Every song they played was a hit and they had a great stage-show into the bargain.  Not a great fan, went to keep wife happy, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Only downer was I thought the sound was a bit ropey it seemed to be set up for guitar, drums and vocals with little though given to the bass and keyboards. Would still have loved to have seen them back in the day with Freddie but Adam Lambert is a good solid vocalist.

The Music at Temple Newsam, Leeds yesterday. 

This was the gig they had originally reformed for and I was always making the pilgrimage to see them on home soil. It was never gonna be as good as the Barras on Tuesday, however that shouldn't detract anything from what was another excellent performance and fantastic gig. 

Went to see Run The Jewels at the Barras, it was absolutely fucking brilliant. There was a big "f**k the Queen" bit and I'm right up for a bit of civil unrest and smashing the system. Probably needs to be tonight though because I expect I'm going to be very hungover in the morning.

15 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Just been told it's in the Galvaniser's, so that's good to know. Where's best to park? I imagine the streets nearby fill up pretty quickly.

No idea on that one tbh, sorry. If you're just going to the gig and back and don't mind a 10/15 minute walk (and can't find anywhere else) you could park on the other side of the river and cross the M8 overpass. I'm sure if you ask in the Quick Question thread in General Nonsense  someone will be able to tell you.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

4 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Just been told it's in the Galvaniser's, so that's good to know. Where's best to park? I imagine the streets nearby fill up pretty quickly.

You'll get parked on the street in Sandyford Street no bother, less than 5 minutes walk from there