Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Suede at Columbiahalle in Berlin last Sunday, for their 25th anniversary (Covid-delayed) Coming Up album tour.

A glorious concert, made even better by the tasty beer at the venue being €5.50 for a pint and so barely above the price in the Templehof beer garden across the road. They even have a pretzel bar at the back of the hall at gigs because Germany. 

IMG_20220515_211023.thumb.jpg.ab6235c7bd8c2dd99e783f3f9d9a173e.jpg

IMG_20220515_211754.thumb.jpg.986250b9cb4344620f20744432a3919e.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats absolutely blew the roof off the Barras last night 

S.O.B, they have so many good songs & it is criminal that people only know them for that one. They blew me away at the TITP we should never speak of. When Country & Blues is done right, that is music at its best.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

S.O.B, they have so many good songs & it is criminal that people only know them for that one. They blew me away at the TITP we should never speak of. When Country & Blues is done right, that is music at its best.

Said to my mates after the gig last night that I've been to numerous gigs at the Barras, but I've never seen or heard the place bouncing like last night when they did I Need Never Get Old. 

I love going to see bands that genuinely look like they're enjoying themselves rather than contractually churning out their songs 

Does anyone have any experience in getting back to the city centre from Hampden after a gig? I know the score when the football is on but there are extra trains running then and I'm not sure the same applies to gigs. 

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:

Does anyone have any experience in getting back to the city centre from Hampden after a gig? I know the score when the football is on but there are extra trains running then and I'm not sure the same applies to gigs. 

Sure there are plenty of buses going up Cathcart Road to the City Centre but it's been a long time so I could be wrong.

On 20/05/2022 at 16:10, Miguel Sanchez said:

Guess I'm not going to the Hydro any time soon. What a load of shite. Good luck with yours when it comes.

Have you tried using Ticket Scotland instead of Ticketmaster?

https://tickets-scotland.com//events.html?event_method=viewevent&event_id=b47f0266-d138-11ec-ae51-02614393f1a4

22 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Kid Thumbs Up GIF - Kid Thumbs Up Approve - Discover & Share GIFs

I never even thought about going to their store either, I think I just expected it to be sold out. Fabulous. Better let the album grow on me then.

20 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Never been to the O2 Academy but as one of my favourite bands, Tedeschi Trucks  is coming in November I took the plunge.

What”s the sound like as I have poor hearing?

It was ok when I watched Future Islands last month. Cost of drink is a joke with that venue. 

Beach house was really good on Monday at the Barrowlands, which they was a lot better than the last time I saw time in 2018 in London.  I was surprised how young the crowd was considering Beach House has been going for over 15 years. It was good to see Barrowlands move with the times and allow card payments.

Edited by betting competition

Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties were an absolute delight at The Garage in London tonight. The concept of the band is superb, the band was tight and I am a massive fan Dan Campbell's voice.

It also kick-starts a small run of gigs for me with Brian Fallon tomorrow, The Script on Friday, Ludovico Einaudi on Saturday and then Bob Vylan on Monday. Also have Slam Dunk festival next Friday. A nice variety there to keep me ticking over.

Edited by Ex Machina

Anyone got tickets for the ABBA thing in London? There's a live band to accompany the 'abbatars' so counts as a proper gig IMHO.

I'm going on Monday night and really interested to see how it will look.

Never been to the O2 Academy but as one of my favourite bands, Tedeschi Trucks  is coming in November I took the plunge.
What”s the sound like as I have poor hearing?

See you there, can’t wait! I’ve always found the O2 to be a good venue, except for the drinks price. You should have a great night