Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I  was at The Hydro for the first time since the beginning of 2019 tonight.

Lesson learnt tonight is check your pint  before you leave the bar. Had a couple of pints and both were about 60-70% (probably a bit generous with that estimate tbh) beer and the rest foam. They have switched to paper cups which I'm guess means that the staff can't tell as easily when a cup is actually full.

I ended up using the torch on my phone to show how little they'd actually poured.

Worth keeping an eye out for if you're going there for a gig in the future.

55 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I  was at The Hydro for the first time since the beginning of 2019 tonight.

Lesson learnt tonight is check your pint  before you leave the bar. Had a couple of pints and both were about 60-70% (probably a bit generous with that estimate tbh) beer and the rest foam. They have switched to paper cups which I'm guess means that the staff can't tell as easily when a cup is actually full.

I ended up using the torch on my phone to show how little they'd actually poured.

Worth keeping an eye out for if you're going there for a gig in the future.

I got a bottle, and they filled the pint cup up with it! 

Question here about Ticketmaster and their eTickets

Since it seems I can't get a physical one for Arcade Fire and the electronic version is the only option, how does this work? It says the tickets will be in my account or in the app and "When you go mobile, your tickets will not be e-mailed to you or available to print." Does this mean if you don't have a smartphone, you effectively can't use this service?

32 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Since it seems I can't get a physical one for Arcade Fire and the electronic version is the only option, how does this work? It says the tickets will be in my account or in the app and "When you go mobile, your tickets will not be e-mailed to you or available to print." Does this mean if you don't have a smartphone, you effectively can't use this service?

You could access your Ticketmaster account on someone else's device and send yourself a screenshot of the QR code

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

You could access your Ticketmaster account on someone else's device and send yourself a screenshot of the QR code

...Assuming that not having a smart phone you do at least have a camera/photo function on your phone. If not, c'mon grandad get with the times man

Edited by Christophe

That was the case recently for me plus 3 family for Feeder. 1 was not required but the sell back thing was unavailable.

7 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Is it just a QR code you can access/screenshot/scan at will? If you can do that why would they say you can't print it out, wouldn't that just be the same thing?

6 minutes ago, Christophe said:

...Assuming that not having a smart phone you do at least have a camera/photo function on your phone. If not, c'mon grandad get with the times man

Bugs bunny no Blank Template - Imgflip

14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is it just a QR code you can access/screenshot/scan at will? If you can do that why would they say you can't print it out, wouldn't that just be the same thing?

Bugs bunny no Blank Template - Imgflip

Last one I got from them (just last week) was just a regular QR code so no idea why you couldn't print it 

On 13/05/2022 at 17:13, Miguel Sanchez said:

I have the same issue with Beach House who are playing Barrowlands on Monday and I refuse to download ticketmaster app. I have logged on ticketmaster website and taken a screenshot of the QR code so hopefully that is fine to use that.

Also got the Great Eastern festival this weekend although line up isn't as good as last years but still some decent bands. 

Edited by betting competition

21 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Apparently there's a game on tonight...

I'll happily be avoiding it though, at the O2 Academy to see The Charlatans in their 30th (32nd!!) Anniversary tour...!

Screenshot_20220518-125428_WhatsApp.jpg

It was a great gig. Then to get out just in time for the penalties was an unexpected pleasure. Overall a fantastic night.

On 13/05/2022 at 17:13, Miguel Sanchez said:

Just got an email about my Gig on Monday that Screenshots are not valid for entry. The only way to get ticket is through there ticketmaster app and downloaded my ticket on to google pay.  

Edited by betting competition

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Just got an email about my Gig on Monday that Screenshots are not valid for entry. The only way to get ticket is through there ticketmaster app and downloaded my ticket on to google pay.  

Guess I'm not going to the Hydro any time soon. What a load of shite. Good luck with yours when it comes.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez