Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Sold my Leeds tickets last night and bought two.  £82 is a bit steep.  But I think that tickets for Guns n Roses are about that price.  Last I checked they don’t even have any support bands playing with them.  At least there’s four bands playing.

Run the Jewels are fairly well known.  The other two bands I’ve never heard of.  I had a quick listen to that Nova twins last night and felt all.

C6697840-191F-45A7-A0EE-BBA699CFB46E.jpeg

On our way to see The White Buffalo and noticed at the bottom of the email with the e tickets it says negative lateral flow required for entry, is this still a thing or has Ticketmaster just not removed it yet?

ETA no covid checks for anyone wondering this in the future.

On 23/04/2022 at 10:10, parsforlife said:

It’s a bit mental, but i couldn’t stop myself. Gig tickets are ridiculous now

You don't have to tell me about that. In the next few months I have...

Tool - £75
Nine Inch Nails - £75
RATM - £82

Even a lot of O2 Academy size gigs are creeping towards the £40 mark, if not already over that.

A mid seated ticket for Joe Bonamassa in the Armadillo last week was £113.35 in total. Paid it as a one off but regardless of who it is, I’ll not be paying it again.

As NorthernLights said, most of the ones I have coming up are just short or just over the £30 mark

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

You don't have to tell me about that. In the next few months I have...

Tool - £75
Nine Inch Nails - £75
RATM - £82

Even a lot of O2 Academy size gigs are creeping towards the £40 mark, if not already over that.

Where are you travelling to for Tool? We bought Dublin but I'm slightly regretful I didn't go down the marginally cheaper Birmingham route.

34 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Where are you travelling to for Tool? We bought Dublin but I'm slightly regretful I didn't go down the marginally cheaper Birmingham route.

Manchester. Been to a few gigs there over the years so that was the main reason for picking there.

I'm gonna say at smaller venues, I don't understand how they're making some gig tickets so cheap.

Wet Leg at the Mash House last week was a tenner.

Next gig is Illuminati Hotties - £8 (plus a booking fee). The Hug & Pint holds about a hundred. They're over from the US touring for a few weeks and have to fund band and crew and all their expenses out of that, and I know they'll hope to top it up a bit with merch sales and the venue will be making their money from drink, but I still struggle to see how the economics of it work. And f**k knows what happens if anyone in that touring party gets covid.

5 hours ago, Yoss said:

I'm gonna say at smaller venues, I don't understand how they're making some gig tickets so cheap.

Wet Leg at the Mash House last week was a tenner.

Next gig is Illuminati Hotties - £8 (plus a booking fee). The Hug & Pint holds about a hundred. They're over from the US touring for a few weeks and have to fund band and crew and all their expenses out of that, and I know they'll hope to top it up a bit with merch sales and the venue will be making their money from drink, but I still struggle to see how the economics of it work. And f**k knows what happens if anyone in that touring party gets covid.

She/they are a whole bunch of fun. Despite the shorts. 

Just booked a ticket for the Kae Tempest gig at Beat Generator in Dundee in June. £12.50, to keep the cost theme going.

Slim pickings for Dundee gigs these days. Church seems to have given up putting on live bands, it's all drag queens these days, must be more profitable for them. The Slessor Gardens events are pretty uninspiring; Noel Gallagher, The Stereophonics, Simply Red? Big names right enough but dull dull dull.

Edited by Paul Kersey

Just snaffled some freebies for the Bigfoot Festival in Milton Keynes (more or less) in June. 

Not the most inspiring line-up considering they have apparently relocated and increased capacity from 2k to 10k, but enough on there to keep me happy for the grand price of f**k all!

bf-line-up.png

Edited by Christophe

On 28/04/2022 at 02:16, Christophe said:

Just snaffled some freebies for the Bigfoot Festival in Milton Keynes (more or less) in June. 

Not the most inspiring line-up considering they have apparently relocated and increased capacity from 2k to 10k, but enough on there to keep me happy for the grand price of f**k all!

bf-line-up.png

There's a few decent acts there, some decent breweries too🍻

On 26/04/2022 at 23:57, Savage Henry said:

She/they are a whole bunch of fun. Despite the shorts. 

They are having a whole bunch of fun this week.