Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 25/03/2022 at 16:47, Ex Machina said:

The Gaslight Anthem have just announced their reunion with tour dates coming in the next couple days. I'll be all over that.

Couldn't resist getting tickets but £95 for two in Edinburgh is eye-watering.

Edited by Meathead

Prior to the pandemic my gig going crawled to maybe one or two gigs a year but with a ton of bands cramming touring into 2022 and me making up for lost time have been on a roll. Thus far had;

Rolo Tomassi at the catty. Solid gig. Seen them before so knew what to expect but tight as f**k. 

Yves Tumour at The Garage. This was really good. Just excellent songs and good stage presence. Maybe a touch tok many guitar solos though. 

Slowthai at the Academy. Was very LADS LADS LADS but expected that. Got stuck into the pit, drenched myself in sweat and had a lol. Top fun.

Tonight had JPEGMAFIA at Barras. This was great. Poor Peggy's voice was trashed but he powered through and just great fun. 

Upcoming have Twilight Sad and Kathryn Joseph on Saturday to break up rhe rap gigs with sad vibes then Mitski later in month. Looking at Kurt Vile and Japanese Breakfast with possibility of Sigur Ros later on. Basically too many options but not a bad problem to have. 

Edited by mrcat1990

On 29/03/2022 at 10:59, Meathead said:

Couldn't resist getting tickets but £95 for two in Edinburgh is eye-watering.

A bit of a bump, was expecting more in the margins of £30-35 a ticket. Got mine from Ticket Scotland which is slightly cheaper than Ticketmaster (but not much), also picked up a ticket for Manchester the night before.

Just bought a ticket for The Pretty Reckless at the Barras’ in October. Love them, have seen them supporting Stone Sour at the Hydro a while back. That was a great gig. Two great bands for the price of one, as was Shinedown supporting Alter Bridge. £33 for the Barras’ show, a fitba’ ticket is about £24, so fair for what should be a great gig. 

Twilight Sad at the Barras tomorrow. I've not been to a gig since December, are places still being arsey about masks and vaccine passports?

Ed - not vaccine passports, track and trace or whatever this shite is now

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Less Than Jake at the Academy tonight. 18 years since I seen them for the first time at the Barrowlands. Even more excited as I missed their last appearance in Glasgow just before lockdown as my wife and i were in hospital having our twins.

16 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Less Than Jake at the Academy tonight. 18 years since I seen them for the first time at the Barrowlands. Even more excited as I missed their last appearance in Glasgow just before lockdown as my wife and i were in hospital having our twins.

I thought they were very good last night. They've lost none of their energy. A good mix of support bands too. The only issue was the crowd was slightly thinner than I expected.

Was at Just A Ride at Bannermans on Wednesday,  very impressed with the support Royal Bloom. Will keep an eye for future shows of theirs. Less Than Jake at the O2 Academy last night was a fun show as always.

Have Fatherson's rooftop album launch tonight which should be decent. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Gutted I don't have tickets for this. Would love to see Grant on drums again.

4 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

Was at Just A Ride at Bannermans on Wednesday,  very impressed with the support Royal Bloom. Will keep an eye for future shows of theirs. Less Than Jake at the O2 Academy last night was a fun show as always.

Have Fatherson's rooftop album launch tonight which should be decent. 

Gutted I don't have tickets for this. Would love to see Grant on drums again.

They're retweeting loads of people with tickets for tonight and tomorrow so it's probably worth a try.

Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds at the Hydro tomorrow.

I've been self isolating all week due to covid but LFTs taken yesterday and today are both negative so I'm safe to go.

TBH it would have been a great example of life imitating art if I took a deadly virus into the gig and infected everybody.

Twilight Sad.

My first gig since December.

Trying to be objective here, but it's either tonight or Mogwai 20th 2015 going out there as my favourite ever gig at the Barrowlands.

Booked tonight 865 days ago, feels really cathartic to get it over with.

One rescheduled gig (Pictish Trail) and one rescheduled holiday to go, and then we're back on an even keel...

20ab34beb900665de7fc691e052163ce.jpg

On 30/03/2022 at 22:37, mrcat1990 said:

Tonight had JPEGMAFIA at Barras. This was great. Poor Peggy's voice was trashed but he powered through and just great fun.

Was so good man. He really thrives off a crowd and is just electric in any case but really think he had a good time even though he couldn’t shout a word. First gig in about two years (since Twilight Sad at Usher Hall) and what a way to get back into it. Could have been there for three hours and would have still been so full of energy, mental he only played for just over an hour.

Twilight Sad (funnily enough) tomorrow. Can’t wait to bawl my eyes out.

Edited by Smurph

13 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Twilight Sad.

Trying to be objective here, but it's either tonight or Mogwai 20th 2015 going out there as my favourite ever gig at the Barrowlands.

One rescheduled gig (Pictish Trail) and one rescheduled holiday to go, and then we're back on an even keel...

Pretty sure you were stood right behind me.

13 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Twilight Sad.

Cracking photo mate! 👍