Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Tom Jones at the Hydro tonight should be great. Quite near the front so hopefully he catches my knickers. 
My mate informed me he us got tickets for Crash Test Dummies at St Lukes in June which should be interesting. 

Went to see him in Princess Street gardens a few years back, simply to tick a box and with no real expectations, he was absolutely brilliant. You should have a good night.

Seen The Charlatans doing their 31st anniversary (30th anno delayed due to Covid) greatest hits tour in Manchester last night. Banger after banger...

PXL_20211204_223226376.jpg

Next up for me is The Human League on Friday night. Doing a 'Dare' 40th anniversary tour.

Edited by Christophe

Tickets for the cures European tour next year go onsale on Friday at www.cure.com

If anybody is now an overweight middle-aged man  but was a goth in there youth like me and  fancies it.

I'm looking at Barcelona and Glasgow 

Edited by doulikefish

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Tickets for the cures European tour next year go onsale on Friday at www.cure.com

If anybody is now an overweight middle-aged man  but was a goth in there youth like me and  fancies it.

I'm looking at Barcelona and Glasgow 

The Cure weren't Goths, neither was I.

I fit the rest though.

Seen The Charlatans doing their 31st anniversary (30th anno delayed due to Covid) greatest hits tour in Manchester last night. Banger after banger...
PXL_20211204_223226376.thumb.jpg.b1331949467aa7c179d391a50cd4f376.jpg
Next up for me is The Human League on Friday night. Doing a 'Dare' 40th anniversary tour.
I saw Tim Burgess at the end of October doing an acoustic set in the rather surreal setting of Strathaven Hotel. Just him on his own for most of it, joined at times by guys from BMX Bandits and the Pearlfishers who were supporting him. He came across as really humble and it was a cracking night.

If the Human League are half as good as they were at Kelvingrove a few years ago then you're in for a treat. Mrs. McSquackle is going on the Thursday night so I'll hear all about it.

On 05/12/2021 at 19:16, Christophe said:

PXL_20211204_223226376.jpg

I'm there too in a few weeks, then back in the Academy the following night for Supergrass...

QMU Covid policy: Fine, and at least matched the passport to a person's ID which makes more sense than not doing it

WWPJ: Fantastic, although Andy looked a bit miserable all night

Crowd: Fucking horrific. When the same guy with face tattoos crowd surfs and falls on top of you four times it loses it charm a bit

Was at the AO Arena for Human League on Friday supported by Altered Images and Thompson Twins.

First vist back there for me since the bombing and security was a bit more thorough than before as you can imagine. 

This caused us to be too late for Claire Grogan though she was belting out Happy Birthday as we got a drink at the bar.

Tom Bailey's Thompson Twins were on next for 40 mins doing a few of their hits including You Take Me Up, Doctor Doctor, Hold Me Now and Love On Your Side.

Human League were on for around 90 mins and were brilliant.

I'm more of an eclectic Prog Rock, Bowie,  Motown taste and 80s electro pop wasn't really my thing back then but this was the 40th anniversary of the Dare album which they did in full on top of a lot of other hits and they didn't disappoint.

Every song belted out by the middle aged crowd loving the nostalgia and its definitely my thing now.

This was the playlist.

Screenshot_20211212-225835_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4d541f1df47d5fc1b4f90f3ca4132135.jpg

The encore.