Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I saw Fish at the Glasgow O2 Academy last night.

I have been to more of his concerts than any other artist - I have lost count now. But that was as good as I've ever seen him. He was clearly loving playing live for the first time in 20 months.

Tonight I will see his old band Marillion in Edinburgh.

I saw Fish at the Glasgow O2 Academy last night.
I have been to more of his concerts than any other artist - I have lost count now. But that was as good as I've ever seen him. He was clearly loving playing live for the first time in 20 months.
Tonight I will see his old band Marillion in Edinburgh.

Snap!
Was at Fish last night and Marillion tonight.
That Fish gig was a really emotional one. One of his best in years IMO.
I had a ticket for the Denmark game tonight but Marillion got first call as usual and were excellent at the Usher Hall.
Going to the Manchester gig on Thursday and the two gigs in Hammersmith next weekend too…..

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Snap!
Was at Fish last night and Marillion tonight.
That Fish gig was a really emotional one. One of his best in years IMO.
I had a ticket for the Denmark game tonight but Marillion got first call as usual and were excellent at the Usher Hall.
Going to the Manchester gig on Thursday and the two gigs in Hammersmith next weekend too…..

Fish is somewhat notorious for his voice being hit and miss live, but he was fine on Sunday night. That was right up there with the best Fish gigs I've been to. His band on this tour are really good as well.

Marillion were excellent tonight. I was disappointed that they didn't play Glasgow but it was well worth making the trip to Edinburgh - a city I don't go to very often - to see them.

Edited by Richey Edwards

Fish is somewhat notorious for his voice being hit and miss live, but he was fine on Sunday night. That was right up there with the best Fish gigs I've been to. His band on this tour are really good as well.
Marillion were excellent tonight. I was disappointed that they didn't play Glasgow but it was well worth making the trip to Edinburgh - a city I don't go to very often - to see them.

I think the only problem is that they are generally going for seated venues. Probably as the audience are getting older[emoji3]. It takes away from the atmosphere a bit. It was really noticeable how much better the atmosphere was at the Fish gig.
Looking forward to the second night in Hammersmith for Marillion. Ripping out the seating so it’ll be interesting to compare the atmosphere over the two nights…

I have The Charlatans doing their greatest hits tour in Manchester next Saturday, Initially bought a ticket for Liverpool on the 8th, but my shift pattern has changed since i bought that and have had to nab the new one instead. 

If anyone is around the North West and fancies a face value ticket for Liverpool on the 8th give me a shout 

16 hours ago, superwell87 said:

The Offspring/ The Hives was about as fine a gig as could be asked for. Was really impressed with The Hives live. The Offspring as expected did not fail to disappoint. 

I had to read it twice, but I think you might have one more negative in there than you intended.