Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Not long back from The Twilight Sad (well, James and Andy) in a weird wee tent in Paisley. Good, they were a wee bit rusty to begin with but overall an enjoyable night. Felt the crowd was a bit flat, could have been the venue or might just be typical of their gigs, not seen them before. 

Think that's the first gig for me since Ben Howard in December '18 which could be the worst of the 70+ gigs I've been to (and I've seen Bob Dylan). So, good to be back.

On 14/10/2021 at 23:56, Slacker said:

Not long back from The Twilight Sad (well, James and Andy) in a weird wee tent in Paisley. Good, they were a wee bit rusty to begin with but overall an enjoyable night. Felt the crowd was a bit flat, could have been the venue or might just be typical of their gigs, not seen them before. 

Think that's the first gig for me since Ben Howard in December '18 which could be the worst of the 70+ gigs I've been to (and I've seen Bob Dylan). So, good to be back.

Saw some videos. During lockdown they did a streamed performance from Oran Mor that was similar in style/composition to that. It seems like something that works better in a produced setting with no audience, because there's still enough instrumentation for it to seem like a watered down version of a proper gig. I've seen the two of them when Andy just had an acoustic guitar, and the combination of that and vocals alone was more effective.

On another note, has anyone heard from @GrahamJags lately? I'm surprised he's not been on posting about that.

Good week for gigs for me Mogwai on Sunday at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall,  Jane Weaver on Monday at King Tuts and also The Great Western festival a week on Saturday (multiply venues with Stuart Braithwaite curating at Community Central Hall).

Edited by betting competition

On 17/10/2021 at 21:06, Miguel Sanchez said:

In other news: What's the latest people have ever had tickets from Ticketmaster? I've got Mogwai three weeks today and they're still "haven't been dispatched just yet"

I’m at Milburn at St Lukes tonight and didn’t get the tickets from Ticketmaster until a few days ago.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m at Milburn at St Lukes tonight and didn’t get the tickets from Ticketmaster until a few days ago.

Didn't realise I hadn't followed up, a few days after that they were available on my account as print at home, which I've just done today at the library. It's a bit of a stretch assuming people have printers at home, never mind just a few weeks before the event date, never mind it not being what I ordered...

Oh well, a gig on Sunday. How quaint. Also with a thing happening:

Was at Milburn myself last night!
Great gig, those boys deserved more success than they received, Well Well Well, is a superb album!
1st time at St Lukes and was very impressed with it [emoji106], got Libertines in there in 2 weeks!

35 minutes ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Was at Milburn myself last night!
Great gig, those boys deserved more success than they received, Well Well Well, is a superb album!
1st time at St Lukes and was very impressed with it emoji106.png, got Libertines in there in 2 weeks!

Felt sorry for the support act as there was literally 19 people spread around the space for their first few songs. They were pretty shite though tbf.

On 17/10/2021 at 21:06, Miguel Sanchez said:

In other news: What's the latest people have ever had tickets from Ticketmaster? I've got Mogwai three weeks today and they're still "haven't been dispatched just yet"

I logged on to Ticketmaster website and got the e-ticket for the gig. Notice you have to have a vaccine passport and also do a lateral flow test on the day. 

I've been at the Barrowlands twice since lockdown and masks were ditched universally once through the door.

No masks last week at Tim Burgess, and none in SWG3 a couple of weeks ago.

Mogwai will be the same. Imagine a few people wearing masks around themerch and bar area, but barely any inside the hall.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Hold the fucking phone, wearing masks inside? Is this actually a thing? Has this actually been happening at gigs?

Aye your meant too, but not if your drinking, or ‘dancing’

So never.  It’s pretty much the same silly game we play at the fitba where your wear it to get in and then everyone takes them off.