Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got tickets for The White Buffalo in glasgow next year, should be a decent gig.
Been to his/their last two gigs at Glasgow and both were very good, even when he had a bad throat at the second one.

Both times has just been a three piece. Not sure if they ever play with four to add some of the lead parts from the recordings. Felt some of the songs needed them live.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Just bought tickets to see a band called Caroline on sunday night based on 30 seconds of their music on a banner ad for the gig

Proper Dirty Three vibe from them, i'm going to go old school and not even seek out any more of their stuff and see them without prejudice! Plus they are playing at a new venue i wanted to check out anyway in Birkenhead

19 hours ago, Christophe said:

Just bought tickets to see a band called Caroline on sunday night based on 30 seconds of their music on a banner ad for the gig

Proper Dirty Three vibe from them, i'm going to go old school and not even seek out any more of their stuff and see them without prejudice! Plus they are playing at a new venue i wanted to check out anyway in Birkenhead

Saw a bit of them at End of the Road. Worth catching, I'd say.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was meant to see Genesis tonight, but it's been cancelled.

Saw them last night, and now have the moral dilemma of whether to go to a wedding reception in a couple of hours time knowing I've been in a room that may have been reeking of the covid.

Gig itself was alright. To help Collins, most of the songs had to be taken down at least a semitone or two (some work, some don't) and had backing vox. His son is possibly a better drummer than him TBH - must hurt like hell watching him rip through Cinema Show et al knowing he probably can't do it again. The staging was clever, as it needed to be. There were quite a few (good natured) hecklers in, which was unexpected, and may explain why Banks stormed off at the end. Not much pre 1980 stuff, but if you want that you're better off going to see Steve Hackett.

Edited by Scorge

On 08/10/2021 at 17:27, Scorge said:

Saw them last night, and now have the moral dilemma of whether to go to a wedding reception in a couple of hours time knowing I've been in a room that may have been reeking of the covid.

Gig itself was alright. To help Collins, most of the songs had to be taken down at least a semitone or two (some work, some don't) and had backing vox. His son is possibly a better drummer than him TBH - must hurt like hell watching him rip through Cinema Show et al knowing he probably can't do it again. The staging was clever, as it needed to be. There were quite a few (good natured) hecklers in, which was unexpected, and may explain why Banks stormed off at the end. Not much pre 1980 stuff, but if you want that you're better off going to see Steve Hackett.

I was up in the high heavens, so didn’t notice Tony storming off. Interesting…..

Loved it. They are easily my favourite band (I’m in my thirties, and didn’t get to see them back in 2007) so I was desperate to see them as it’ll easily be their last tour (surely? 😂) Agree that some tunes needed a bit of re-work to help phil but still really enjoyed it. Land of confusion with the toilet rolls and men all in masks were all very “real” in the current climate. I think if they re-released that as a single this year it could have done well. 😂

Home by the sea and Mama were also my favourites, as well as the excerpt from Firth of Fifth and into I know what I like (in your wardrobe)

Agree that Nic his son, is fantastic on drums. There was a bit during one of the songs where phil stood in front of him as Nic was belting them out and it was a nice, yet surreal moment. 

Feel sorry for the people who had tickets for Friday, (or future concerts in London) but these things happen. I took a flow test the day after and was negative just to be sure tho! 😂

I was up in the high heavens, so didn’t notice Tony storming off. Interesting…..
Loved it. They are easily my favourite band (I’m in my thirties, and didn’t get to see them back in 2007) so I was desperate to see them as it’ll easily be their last tour (surely? [emoji23]) Agree that some tunes needed a bit of re-work to help phil but still really enjoyed it. Land of confusion with the toilet rolls and men all in masks were all very “real” in the current climate. I think if they re-released that as a single this year it could have done well. [emoji23]
Home by the sea and Mama were also my favourites, as well as the excerpt from Firth of Fifth and into I know what I like (in your wardrobe)
Agree that Nic his son, is fantastic on drums. There was a bit during one of the songs where phil stood in front of him as Nic was belting them out and it was a nice, yet surreal moment. 
Feel sorry for the people who had tickets for Friday, (or future concerts in London) but these things happen. I took a flow test the day after and was negative just to be sure tho! [emoji23]

I had a ticket for Friday, found out about an hour before I was about to set off that this been postponed. Just hoping that they still play the gig next year rather than cancel.
Interestingly just the day before, Marillion announced that it would cost them £150k if they needed to postpone their tour due to the possibility of someone in the band or tour party catching COVID. Mainly as it’s impossible to insure for such a scenario.
However, like the true pioneers of crowdfunding that they are, they have asked the fans to pledge cash to cover the costs should it happen in return for prize draws, name in tour programme etc. If all goes well the money gets automatically refunded.
Interested to see what others think?
Personally I’m all for it if it helps to keep the music industry alive.....

On 11/10/2021 at 17:09, Lyle Lanley said:

Liam Gallagher coming to Hampden next June. Oh yes. 

Already got Knebworth Saturday tickets so at the moment going to try for Hampden tickets then make a decision nearer the time of I'll go to both