Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Vibrations Festival in Falkirk. 

Pigeon Detectives were very good, but Cast were outstanding. Crowd was down on the same gig 2 years ago when Feeder headlined, but hopefully Reef and The Fratelli's can swell the crowd enough to convince the organisers to hold the event again next year.

Not often I get to see decent bands on my own doorstep, so a big thanks to the guys who run this. 

Got Nick Cave and Warren Ellis doing 'Carnage' and 'Ghosteen' tomorrow at the Opera House in Blackpool. Reviews from the first couple of nights of the tour sound outstanding 

Edit: not tomorrow, it's not Thursday yet Christophe! Gig is on Friday night.

Edited by Christophe

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis last night in Blackpool. Outstanding. The Ghosteen (the album) stuff in particular was utterly compelling. Cave's "here we go" before starting to play 'Ghosteen' (the track) was lump in the throat enducing. Less a call to arms and more of a personal note-to-self "you can do this"....emotional stuff.

IMG_20210911_011151_857.jpg

Was at Black Stone Cherry at the Barrowlands last night - guys put on a great performance as usual, not lost anything with change in bass player this summer either.

My first gig since the Stereophonics in March 2020 literally just before lockdown no.1

I've missed that light ringing noise in your ears after a gig!

On 14/09/2021 at 16:21, Derek Patterson said:

Teenage Fanclub in Aberdeen the morn. Bandmate managed to source a couple of spare tickets.

One band I've never actually listened to I don't think. Really need to learn some tunes before heading up.

Pleasant enough but an awfy middle class snootler audience. Place just smelled of wine.

Had the perfect antidote last night as decided last minute to drive down to Shearerville and see the Wildhearts. Outstanding night.

Wonderful gig from Nick Cave and Warren Ellis in Aberdeen at the Music Hall. Those in Edinburgh are in for a treat tonight.

My first gig since from King Creosote "from scotland with love film". Shame I missed Arab Strap and Crack Cloud previously though 

Got Heir of the Cursed, John Grant and Squid this month to look forward to. 

Edited by betting competition

On 18/09/2021 at 22:46, Derek Patterson said:

Pleasant enough but an awfy middle class snootler audience. Place just smelled of wine.

Had the perfect antidote last night as decided last minute to drive down to Shearerville and see the Wildhearts. Outstanding night.

Aye, yer getting on for 30 years too late for the Fannies. It's all pipes and comfy slippers now but boy did they go hard in the glory "A Catholic Education"/"Bandwagonesque" days.