Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got Guns n Roses tickets for june. Surprised it hasnt been cancelled yet. Also got tickets for a Brian Cox thing in October at the hydro which Im hoping will be fine to go ahead.

Also planning on getting Larkin Poe tickets for their Glasgow gig in november as soon as Im confident enough it wont get moved.

23 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Mogwai tickets sorted.

RCH is OK for gigs. Wouldn't be my first pick of venues, but it is fine. My last gig was there also. 357 days ago!

Have tickets now for Arab Strap and Mogwai this Autumn, maybe up to about 60% confidence that they will actually happen.

Waiting for two gigs in May to be cancelled, already have two more rolled over into 2022. It's a bit of an industry keeping tabs on them all.

Just awaiting sale of Mogwai tickets in 5 minutes.

Got gigs in April, May, June which I expect to be cancelled. Got Arab Strap tickets hope that goes ahead not that confident. 

Just as well got Mogwai tickets sold out in 50 minutes. Noticed that Jane Weaver is playing the next day so will have a few days in Glasgow. 

Should have got an Hotel earlier as it is really expensive with quite a lot sold out. Not sure with the Covid that rooms are limited but hopefully a lot cheaper in the next month or two. 

Just as well got Mogwai tickets sold out in 50 minutes. Noticed that Jane Weaver is playing the next day so will have a few days in Glasgow. 
Should have got an Hotel earlier as it is really expensive with quite a lot sold out. Not sure with the Covid that rooms are limited but hopefully a lot cheaper in the next month or two. 
Hotels are booked solid due to climate conference. Pretty unfortunate clash.

• 5 weeks later...

Be interesting to see what restrictions are in place, once gigs get the go ahead!
Reduced capacity, masks, etc in places like the Barrowland doesn't seem so appealing but I'm sure we'll have to grin and bare it for a while to come!
I've stopped buying tickets just now, only got Fontaines DC which i got last year!

8 hours ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Be interesting to see what restrictions are in place, once gigs get the go ahead!
Reduced capacity, masks, etc in places like the Barrowland doesn't seem so appealing but I'm sure we'll have to grin and bare it for a while to come!
I've stopped buying tickets just now, only got Fontaines DC which i got last year!

How will we know you are grinning?

Current list of gigs for 2021

The Lathums - rearranged from last year
The Snuts

Likewise plus a this feeling club night in Aberdeen (from last year) and the Friday for trnsmt.
I don’t think they’ll all happen but I don’t want to miss out if they do.

Likewise plus a this feeling club night in Aberdeen (from last year) and the Friday for trnsmt.
I don’t think they’ll all happen but I don’t want to miss out if they do.
Aye, that's how I felt too. Tickets have maybe been bought in hope rather than expectation.

DMA's one I'm maybe feeling most hopeful about as it is outdoors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 20:01, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is anyone still waiting on/expecting gigs to be rearranged? I need to put in holidays for work and The Twilight Sad at the Barrowlands is apparently still happening at the end of May. I doubt it. @GrahamJags you know anything?

Sorry, I've not been on here for a while - assuming you've now seen they've been postponed indefinitely (but not cancelled)?

On 26/04/2021 at 15:13, GrahamJags said:

Sorry, I've not been on here for a while - assuming you've now seen they've been postponed indefinitely (but not cancelled)?

Yeah I saw that last week. I'm beginning to get quite nostalgic about this - physical tickets will probably have been phased out by the time they happen.