Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 03/03/2020 at 02:48, BillyAnchor said:

Just bought tickets for Jason Isbell and Lucinda Williams at Red Rocks (which is 4 miles from my house). Shows in August.

I’ve always fancied going to Red Rocks for a gig. Is it as good as it looks?

5 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

I’ve always fancied going to Red Rocks for a gig. Is it as good as it looks?

I just moved here to be closer to family so wasnt here for last summers schedule. I went once previously to see Joe Bonamassa on a visit simply because he was on. I didn't like him in concert much but loved the accoustics and the general environment. It is quite spectacular and I would say as a music fan well worth checking it off the list.

Genesis at the Hydro on Dec 11 - tickets showing on the SSE pre-sale website as being between £68 and £181. The ‘mid price’ ones at £85 are still up in the upper ring of seats. Add on the booking fees and you’re looking at £92 for an upper ring seat.

I’m out. Happy enough that I saw them in the Apollo on the 1980 ‘Duke’ tour (I think it was), plus the Abacab tour, and a Hampden gig too. Could spend nearly a hundred quid to find the setlist is heavily geared towards their latter ‘pop’ years too.

Not like they need the cash either.

Genesis at the Hydro on Dec 11 - tickets showing on the SSE pre-sale website as being between £68 and £181. The ‘mid price’ ones at £85 are still up in the upper ring of seats. Add on the booking fees and you’re looking at £92 for an upper ring seat.
I’m out. Happy enough that I saw them in the Apollo on the 1980 ‘Duke’ tour (I think it was), plus the Abacab tour, and a Hampden gig too. Could spend nearly a hundred quid to find the setlist is heavily geared towards their latter ‘pop’ years too.
Not like they need the cash either.
Couldn't find prices on ticketmaster but knew they'd be extortionate so will be giving it a wide berth. One of the few bands I missed out on back in the day when they were actually good but in my opinion their last decent album was And Then There Were Three from 1980. After that they descended into pop shite and my interest followed Peter Gabriel's stuff who's live shows are up they're with the best.
Best Genesis album is the live Seconds Out without doubt.

Genesis tickets purchased for the Hydro. Saw Phil at the SECC on his final farewell tour, and missed the last Genesis tour so had to see them as that will probably be it from them. Always liked Phil but wasn’t until I listened to their live album from 92 “the shorts“ that I got into them. Like both old and new stuff. 
Got tickets with 02 priority. 

Didn’t even mind Calling All stations with Ray Wilson either. Saw him live in Edinburgh about 16 years ago and got a couple of his solo albums signed which was pretty cool.

Edited by Wardy

Going to Copenhagen this weekend so will be heading to Diiv at Pumpehuset tomorrow then Pale Honey at Lille Vega on Saturday night.

Was a bit gutted to have missed Diiv at the QMU last weekend so looking forward to getting to see them.

Bryan Ferry at the City Hall in Newcastle. Seen wor Bryan many times but this evening was one of the very best - heavily Roxy oriented setlist.

I may also have spunked a load of money on a Genesis ticket earlier...

On 04/03/2020 at 21:13, Wardy said:

Genesis tickets purchased for the Hydro. Saw Phil at the SECC on his final farewell tour, and missed the last Genesis tour so had to see them as that will probably be it from them. Always liked Phil but wasn’t until I listened to their live album from 92 “the shorts“ that I got into them. Like both old and new stuff. 
Got tickets with 02 priority. 

Didn’t even mind Calling All stations with Ray Wilson either. Saw him live in Edinburgh about 16 years ago and got a couple of his solo albums signed which was pretty cool.

How much did you pay? 

There are no tickets available on the 02 London website, presumably sold out.

Ticketmaster is asking over £500 at the rear of the top tier and  over £2000 for the front stalls!!

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

How much did you pay? 

There are no tickets available on the 02 London website, presumably sold out.

Ticketmaster is asking over £500 at the rear of the top tier and  over £2000 for the front stalls!!

£85 mate

13 minutes ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Next is Ash at SWG3. Is it fair to say they're britpop royalty?

Saw Ash when they were the warm up to the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Murrayfield many years ago! Decent.

On 21/02/2020 at 08:57, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Going to see king creosote in a couple of weeks do the "from Scotland with love" soundtrack with a band and the film projected. Not the type of gig is usually go to but really looking forward to it

This was absolutely sensational. His band is tip top and played a few different songs either side of the film as well as the soundtrack. Couldn't find fault with the whole experience at all