Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Was at the O2 Forum in Kentish Town last night for The Menzingers and what a gig it was.

Spanish Love Songs were absolutely amazing and I didn't think The Menzingers would be able to top them as the vocals can be hit or miss live but they managed. Probably the best performance I've seen from them, and one of the loudest crowds I've ever heard.

I'm selling my 2 tickets for the Cage the Elephant gig tomorrow night as me and my pal can't go anymore.

I'm obviously just selling at face value, £31.70 each including all fees.

The tickets are just a QR code so I can email them to whoever buys them.

It's at the o2 academy in Glasgow. Doors open at 7pm.

Cheers.

IMG_20200216_143838.jpeg

On 15/02/2020 at 16:04, cb_diamond said:

Yeah, this. I saw them in Dublin in 2017 and it was two and a half hours. Then saw them in Barcelona in 2018 and it was well over 3 hours. Id imagine stage time for them will be about half seven. Gates are at five. Their support bands over the past few years have been quite variable in quality. In Ireland they had Royal Blood and Mark Lanegan, who were both superb. In Barça, it was Volbeat, who albeit a more "niche" band were also excellent. My mate saw them at Wembley and they got the Kills who are garbage.

Volbeat supporting GNR in Glasgow would be amazing, although I don’t think it will happen :( 

Was only looking forward to King King in April and Madness at the York Festival in the summer. Then I discovered George Thorogood was playing Rambling Man. I'm well past my festival prime, but I have no intention of repeating my "ach, Tom Petty isna that old, I'll see him next time" insouciance of a couple of years ago.

Then this morning I find that George and the destroyers are only fucking touring! York Barbican will do me fine - there's seats, a bar and a roof. Woe betide any arsehole who wants Health and safety advice at 10 o'clock Friday, when the tickets go on sale!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

On 18/02/2020 at 17:35, GrahamJags said:

Bright Eyes play the Barras on September 3rd.

Tickets aren’t cheap, but decided just to get one and hope the new record is decent.

19 hours ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

I fucking flipped when I seen that announcement. 

It'll be worth it.

Not that I really care what tickets cost, within reason - but that is dear, what's that about?

(I'll be seeing him / them at End of the Road the same weekend anyway.)

Musicians that aren't from the UK will need to apply for a visa and pay to perform in the country from 2021.

The visa restriction will be placed over the creative and sports industries, meaning musicians from outside the UK will have to pay to play in the country, whether it's a UK tour, a festival, or a one-off show.

Anyone in the creative industry (both EU and non-EU) wanting to travel to the UK after 2021 will have to have nearly £1000 in savings in their account 90 days before applying for the visa as a proof that they can support themselves, unless that person is "fully approved (‘A-rated’)".

In terms of fees for the visa, it seems that individual musicians and band members will be expected to pay £244 to apply for a visa to enter the UK.

The visas will be introduced in 2021 after the Brexit transition period ends in December 2020.

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/musicians-from-outside-uk-will-have-to-pay-to-perform-in-country-from-2021

Musicians that aren't from the UK will need to apply for a visa and pay to perform in the country from 2021.

The visa restriction will be placed over the creative and sports industries, meaning musicians from outside the UK will have to pay to play in the country, whether it's a UK tour, a festival, or a one-off show.

Anyone in the creative industry (both EU and non-EU) wanting to travel to the UK after 2021 will have to have nearly £1000 in savings in their account 90 days before applying for the visa as a proof that they can support themselves, unless that person is "fully approved (‘A-rated’)".

In terms of fees for the visa, it seems that individual musicians and band members will be expected to pay £244 to apply for a visa to enter the UK.

The visas will be introduced in 2021 after the Brexit transition period ends in December 2020.

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/musicians-from-outside-uk-will-have-to-pay-to-perform-in-country-from-2021

FFS

Well that's fucking diabolical. At the risk of sounding like a hipster fud I doubt bands make more than £200 profit (if they're lucky) for a lot of the touring bands I go see. There's no way brilliant mini festivals like Decolonize Fest, for instance, could continue if they need to recoup nearly £250 for each person performing.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Going to see king creosote in a couple of weeks do the "from Scotland with love" soundtrack with a band and the film projected. Not the type of gig is usually go to but really looking forward to it
KC Rules OK with me! Saw him at Quay Sessions a fortnight back and he was on excellent form. I'm going to the Glasgow night of the tour.

Thought Supergrass were excellent last night. Going Out in particular sounded massive.

Going to see 5ive, A1 and 911 tonight which will be some buzz, then snagged a guesty for Bono's son's band Inhaler on Sunday night, which is annoyingly in the worst venue in Glasgow (the TV Studio at SWG3).