Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I've already got quite a few gigs lined up for this year;

Embrace at the O2.

Goldfrapp at the Usher Hall.

Twilight Sad at the Barrowlands.

Space at the Garage.

Gerry Cinnamon at Hampden.

On top of that I'm also going to feel like a massive ned going to a 90's rave at Ingliston, Scooter at the O2 and TTF at Braehead Arena.

I'm also going to see if I can get a ticket for the Fratellis gig at the Barrowlands and Electric Six at the Liquid Rooms.

It's getting fucking ridiculous and we're not even into February yet, this could be another expensive year ahead.

Sturgill Simpson tonight. A lot of people going apeshit over his London show getting a two star review from The Guardian the other night. His new record is certainly polarising (I love it), and he's apparently been playing for 2 and a half hours, with mainly extended jams, so it'll be an interesting one.

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

Sturgill Simpson tonight. A lot of people going apeshit over his London show getting a two star review from The Guardian the other night. His new record is certainly polarising (I love it), and he's apparently been playing for 2 and a half hours, with mainly extended jams, so it'll be an interesting one.

A couple of my friends are going tonight. I'm not. 

Seems to be playing 2 sets. Set 1 is the new album. Set 2 is the back catalogue. 

2 completely different styles. 

35 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Guns N Roses tickets sorted. 3rd time seeing them in 4 years. Gonna be belting.

Only saw them once at Download Fest back in 2006 when it was Axl and Friends. He stormed off after 20 minutes cos someone threw a bottle on stage. Guessing it’s better now?!

Edited by IainMorton

Only saw them once at Download Fest back in 2006 when it was Axl and Friends. He stormed off after 20 minutes cos someone threw a bottle on stage. Guessing it’s better now?!
Their tour that's been ongoing since Slash and Duff rejoined a couple of years back has had some decent reviews.

Think Axl has finally cottoned on that he cant make money continually behaving like a twat.

Anyway, I've never seen them so tickets purchased. The rolling stones and acdc have been great gigs so no problems with a nostalgia fest.

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Yeah much better, hugely crowd pleasing sets and the band are really tight, including Axl. They go on  stage when they are meant to and the set length is decent value (nearly 3 hours in Barcelona the last time I saw them).

Guest Moomintroll
Tickets purchased for....
Diana Ross
ELO
The Killers
Rewind Scotland 
lets rock Scotland 

Much as I love Jeff Lynne,the ticket prices for that Tour are eyewatering.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
On 30/01/2020 at 12:38, heedthebaa said:
Diana Ross
ELO
The Killers
Rewind Scotland 
lets rock Scotland 

Much as I love Jeff Lynne,the ticket prices for that Tour are eyewatering.

They were £114 for two, not on the floor though and hotel was £38, so no too bad 

Diana Ross

ELO

The Killers

Rewind Scotland 

lets rock Scotland 

Rewind line up looks pish this year, can't see me going. Have bought Lets Rock tickets though.

In other news, Stranglers have sold out for their Glasgow gig on 7th November within 5 days of going on sale  so have added a 2nd date on Friday 6th. First time they've had to play more than 1 night in Glasgow since 1987.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Rewind line up looks pish this year, can't see me going. Have bought Lets Rock tickets though.

Aye can’t say I’m ecstatic about the rewind line up, still, just enough to say f**k it and go. 

The Felice Brothers - Amsterdam Paradiso Noord Tolhuistuin.

What a show! The Felice Brothers are one of my favourite bands and they didn't disappoint, one of the best gigs I've been to in ages, they have such a rich back catalogue it felt like they could've played all night, i love it when you see a band genuinely enjoying themselves, i met James Felice afterwards and rather than go down the selfie route i merely asked him if i could give him a hug to show my appreciation he smiled and reciprocated good times.

I put some whisky into my whisky.....

On 01/02/2020 at 12:24, Moomintroll said:
Diana Ross
ELO
The Killers
Rewind Scotland 
lets rock Scotland 

Much as I love Jeff Lynne, the ticket prices for that Tour are eyewatering.

ELO are my favourite band and I have seen them a number of times, but I am not paying the prices asked for now.

For someone who refused to tour for years and years he's milking it now and taking the piss. 

Shame as their music is superb.