Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The Twilight Sad were insanely good last night, even by their own high standards. The best gig I’ve ever been to without question.

Penelope Isles tomorrow at the Hug & Pint, then We Are Scientists and We Were Promised Jetpacks on Thursday and Saturday respectively playing their #classic debuts.

Penelope Isles: one good song.

We Are Scientists, The Xcerts and We Were Promised Jetpacks over the next three nights. I've never been in the Galvanisers yard bit at SWG3, what's it like?
My first time in there tonight for Ride. Initially thought it was a rubbish venue but I warmed to it once the support band came on. Walking back into town now, it isn't handy for the centre, I'd say that much against it.

7 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:
2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
We Are Scientists, The Xcerts and We Were Promised Jetpacks over the next three nights. I've never been in the Galvanisers yard bit at SWG3, what's it like?

My first time in there tonight for Ride. Initially thought it was a rubbish venue but I warmed to it once the support band came on. Walking back into town now, it isn't handy for the centre, I'd say that much against it.

Is it really just the big empty shed looking thing I've been seeing pictures of online?

Is it really just the big empty shed looking thing I've been seeing pictures of online?
Yes it is. If you like concrete slabs and corrugated iron this is your venue. If you delay going in until it's a bit full and the lights are down, that won't be a bad thing for your eyes.

Sound was decent where I was standing, and the lights and strobing were impressive. Good crowd in tonight, so it turned into a perfectly decent night. Would go back.

15 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Galvanizers is the best room in SWG3. The sound is very good, even though the aesthetic of the venue is pretty unappealing. The TV Studio is one of the worst venues I've ever been in and actively avoid it.

Ride were excellent last night.  The 2 new albums stand up really well against the classics.  Glad to have passed the epilepsy test yet again during Drive Blind.
'15 Minutes' and 'Repetition' were a bit meh, but the likes of 'Kill Switch' and 'In This Room' slotted in seamlessly as did everything from Weather Diaries. I listened to Drive Blind with my eyes closed.

DIIIV up next in February.

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

'15 Minutes' and 'Repetition' were a bit meh, but the likes of 'Kill Switch' and 'In This Room' slotted in seamlessly as did everything from Weather Diaries. I listened to Drive Blind with my eyes closed.

DIIIV up next in February.

I wasnt too keen on Kill Switch on the album but it was fantastic live.

On 05/12/2019 at 11:20, GrahamJags said:

Galvanizers is the best room in SWG3. The sound is very good, even though the aesthetic of the venue is pretty unappealing. The TV Studio is one of the worst venues I've ever been in and actively avoid it.

Have to agree about the sound. That might be the best sound I've heard at a gig. You could hear every part of the band clearly and it was never overbearing.

On 04/12/2019 at 20:05, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've seen The Xcerts nine times and I think I enjoyed Friday night even more than the ABC last year, which was probably the proudest I've ever felt of anyone in my life. What a group of boys.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez