Gigs

pilsner_ffc

P&B’s very own@Dele is offering up ticket(s) to shed 7 this weekend in Glasgow if anyone fancies. If a few pals went to see them in Aberdeen recently and said they were awfy gid. I am unsure if it’s Friday or Saturday, sorry.

It's Friday, hence the hurry to get them sent out. Would need to be sent out tomorrow. 
Completely free, just want somebody getting the use of them. 

Hopefully somebody takes them. The Twang are also very good (or were, can’t say I’ve heard them for a while)

11 hours ago, Lordofthewing said:

Sheds were fucking class once again, and The Twang were pretty decent as a support act.

Next up is Twilight Sad tomorrow, though a mate has recommended their support act Man of Moon, so I'll probably head along for that.

Yep, Sheds were awesome as always.  I'm fucking deaf this morning after standing up in the balcony next to the speakers 

IMG_20191129_223451_004.jpg

Sheds were fucking class once again, and The Twang were pretty decent as a support act.

Next up is Twilight Sad tomorrow, though a mate has recommended their support act Man of Moon, so I'll probably head along for that.
It turned out that Man of Moon were pretty good, glad I checked them out.

Twilight Sad were fucking brilliant, and just like in August their cover of Keep Yourself Warm was fantastic.

A rather decent weekend all in all, and as I didn't hold fire on buying a ticket, I'm off to SWG3 next week for We Were Promised Jetpacks, unlike one of my mates who's off to the Liquid Rooms tomorrow.

The Twilight Sad were insanely good last night, even by their own high standards. The best gig I’ve ever been to without question.

Penelope Isles tomorrow at the Hug & Pint, then We Are Scientists and We Were Promised Jetpacks on Thursday and Saturday respectively playing their #classic debuts.

Julia Jacklin was very good last night; honestly, what a voice - "Head Alone" is one of my favourite songs of the year, and but was somehow improved upon live. There were a few sound issues at the start but she and the band recovered from that. 

I listened to "Crushing" maybe once or twice after it was first released, but always in dribs and drabs. I enjoyed it though. However, I gave it another few spins a couple of months back and although I don't think it is as consistent as "Don't Let The Kids Win", it has a lot more peaks. It's difficult to argue against it placing in a lot of the Album Of The Year lists that are coming out.

Also it was my first visit to St Luke's. Decent wee venue, would happily go back.

37 minutes ago, yoda said:

Julia Jacklin was very good last night; honestly, what a voice - "Head Alone" is one of my favourite songs of the year, and but was somehow improved upon live. There were a few sound issues at the start but she and the band recovered from that. 

I listened to "Crushing" maybe once or twice after it was first released, but always in dribs and drabs. I enjoyed it though. However, I gave it another few spins a couple of months back and although I don't think it is as consistent as "Don't Let The Kids Win", it has a lot more peaks. It's difficult to argue against it placing in a lot of the Album Of The Year lists that are coming out.

Also it was my first visit to St Luke's. Decent wee venue, would happily go back.

If you haven't already done so you might enjoy Phantastic Ferniture. It's the band and album she's done with friends and bit different from her solo material but still good. Some videos on YouTube as well. Band name/album title is a play on a cheap furniture store.    https://phanfern.bandcamp.com/releases

9 minutes ago, Eednud said:

If you haven't already done so you might enjoy Phantastic Ferniture. It's the band and album she's done with friends and bit different from her solo material but still good. Some videos on YouTube as well. Band name/album title is a play on a cheap furniture store.    https://phanfern.bandcamp.com/releases

I downloaded some of their stuff on Spotify last night for my walk home! Fair enjoyed it.

Edited by yoda

The Twilight Sad were insanely good last night, even by their own high standards. The best gig I’ve ever been to without question.

Penelope Isles tomorrow at the Hug & Pint, then We Are Scientists and We Were Promised Jetpacks on Thursday and Saturday respectively playing their #classic debuts.
Re Twilight Sad: I think James Graham fed off the energy of the crowd, if not I have no idea how he didn't need to be scraped off the stage after that. He put everything into that performance!

Re Jetpacks: If they're as good as they were in Edinburgh last year, it should be a cracking gig.