Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Gigs over the last couple of months. Edwyn Collins - brilliant as usual, Sebadoh - not my favourites originally but was pretty good other than one guy who heckled incessantly and who, having waited god know how many years to see them, will remember not 1 second of the gig and lastly American Football  on Sunday gone. Knew next to nothing about them but they were pretty good. All at the Brudenell in Leeds and all on my own (as are 90% of the gigs I go to, I actually prefer it). Nothing purchased until the Felice brothers in January again at the Brudenell.

Gigs over the last couple of months. Edwyn Collins - brilliant as usual, Sebadoh - not my favourites originally but was pretty good other than one guy who heckled incessantly and who, having waited god know how many years to see them, will remember not 1 second of the gig and lastly American Football  on Sunday gone. Knew next to nothing about them but they were pretty good. All at the Brudenell in Leeds and all on my own (as are 90% of the gigs I go to, I actually prefer it). Nothing purchased until the Felice brothers in January again at the Brudenell.
Never been to the Brudenell, always fancied it tho! What happened to the Cockpit in Leeds, been there for a couple of gigs a few years ago and really liked it!!

13 minutes ago, Oscar Wilder said:
20 hours ago, Leeds Saint said:

Never been to the Brudenell, always fancied it tho! What happened to the Cockpit in Leeds, been there for a couple of gigs a few years ago and really liked it!!

The cockpit needed a load of work doing and they decided it wasn't worth it so it's been shut for a few years now. The biggest room at the cockpit was probably a bit bigger than the Brudenell but there wouldn't be much in it so those bands are accommodated at the Brudenell. The only downside for non Leeds folk was the cockpit was about 100 yds from the station and the Brudenell is out in Hyde park student land.

You'd be hard put to find a better double bill anywhere right now than Ezra Furman and Pom Poko. (I liked the QMU venue too - first time I'd been there.)

Missed Pom Poko (which I’m a bit gutted about) but Ezra Furman was indeed excellent. Consistently brilliant live.

Brudenell is awesome.
Was at Life of Agony there few weeks back- loved it
Was a bit hairy walking there from town - some rough places up burley park way

Got Jade Bird at SWG3 on Sunday, then The Twilight Sad on consecutive Saturdays in London and at Usher Hall respectively, Julia Jacklin/Fenne Lily double whammy at Saint Luke's the night after Usher Hall, then finally We Were Promised Jetpacks at SWG3 the following Saturday to round off the year. Should be a good few weeks.

1 hour ago, ForzaDundee said:

Secured a set of Gerry Cinnamon briefs for Hampden next year.

Genuine question, why? You'll have paid at least 40 or 50 quid for the privilege of standing in a shit music venue, listening to an absolutely rank rotten artist (I use the term artist loosely in this case) in what will be a sea of absolute scumbag people, most of whom will be too off their faces to even comprehend what's happening. Literally sounds like hell on earth.

Edited by cb_diamond

OYF, I assumed Gerald Cinnamon was supporting some ghastly waste of time. He's playing Hampden on his own? Game's a bogey. 
It seems ridiculously too big for him, but then again Ed Sheehan does essentially the same guitar and pedals act and headlines Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Genuine question, why? You'll have paid at least 40 or 50 quid for the privilege of standing in a shit music venue, listening to an absolutely rank rotten artist (I use the term artist loosely in this case) in what will be a sea of absolute scumbag people, most of whom will be too off their faces to even comprehend what's happening. Literally sounds like hell on earth.

I'll be one of the steaming scumbags. Was £53.375 I paid per ticket.

45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

OYF, I assumed Gerald Cinnamon was supporting some ghastly waste of time. He's playing Hampden on his own? Game's a bogey. 

38 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It seems ridiculously too big for him, but then again Ed Sheehan does essentially the same guitar and pedals act and headlines Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

No offence to yous but the guy is selling out Hampden under his own steam whilst you boys are sitting at home having a pokey-bum w**k.

Edited by ForzaDundee