Gigs

pilsner_ffc

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was at the 80 & 81 gigs among others. Saturday was my 40th anniversary of Buzzcocks and Joy Division at The Apollo.

I went to that also thought I'd be lying if I said I paid that much attention to JD, I did like She's lost control though and a long relationship began with them.

On 05/10/2019 at 09:40, microdave said:

Alice Cooper in Aberdeen tonight.

I was there too.  Not especially a fan ,but thought I should go... the guy is 71 after all!  Very enjoyable show.

The Stranglers were great, as always.  MC50 - not my thang.  

Good gig, despite the pretty awful venue.  (P&J Arena)

I think Pom Poko might be my favourite band in the world right now. Tremendous stuff at the Mash House this evening.

A word for Personal Trainer too, can't say I'd heard of them before but they pretty much stole the show supporting Pip Blom the other night.

On 08/10/2019 at 08:15, GrahamJags said:

Tenement Trail on Saturday

Any highlights? I couldn't get to it, but would have liked to have seen Squid, Calva Louise and maybe one or two others.

I think Pom Poko might be my favourite band in the world right now. Tremendous stuff at the Mash House this evening.
A word for Personal Trainer too, can't say I'd heard of them before but they pretty much stole the show supporting Pip Blom the other night.

Any highlights? I couldn't get to it, but would have liked to have seen Squid, Calva Louise and maybe one or two others.

Squid were the band I wanted to see but only got three songs because they came on late due to their line check going awry. Pretty poor, but the songs they played were great.

Aside from that Shredd were excellent, as was Cara Rose and Leif Erikson. Stumbled across VanIves who were very good despite not generally being the kind of stuff I’m into.

Craig Finn was great last night, but Laura Stevenson was absolutely brilliant. She should be playing Saint Luke's like Baker, Bridgers and Jacklin, rather than supporting at King Tut's. Hopefully this next album will be in the same league as The Big Freeze and get her closer to receiving the recognition she deserves.

Craig Finn was great last night, but Laura Stevenson was absolutely brilliant. She should be playing Saint Luke's like Baker, Bridgers and Jacklin, rather than supporting at King Tut's. Hopefully this next album will be in the same league as The Big Freeze and get her closer to receiving the recognition she deserves.

Agreed. Totally spoiled with two acts that good on the same bill. Thought Finn completely nailed it though. God In Chicago killed me.

Old Dominion at the O2 Academy last night were absolutely fantastic. Supremely talented songwriters and great stage presence. Funny, witty, superb musicianship. First time I’ve seen them live, they reminded me a bit of seeing the Eagles live, with talented songwriters and musicians across the whole band, with fabulous harmonies too. Not everyone’s taste, like all music, obviously. If you like a bit of Eagles / Little Big Town / country rock.... check these guys out.

Massive Ghosteen tour next year for Nick Cave, I'm not sure how engaging that's gonna be in an arena so I'm humming and hawing here....seen the mad old b*****d at Latitude before and that worked fine but that was Dig era.....can't decide!