Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Tickets purchased for Say Sue Me (30/09) and Julia Jacklin (01/12).

Looks like Angie McMahon is supporting Julia Jacklin before and after the Glasgow gig, but not at the Glasgow gig vwu5k.png

Did consider picking up tickets for both Rachel Sermanni and Pip Blom in October but taking in Count's trip to Edinburgh at the end of the month put a stop to that.

I was meant to be seeing Black Peaks on Friday in Aberdeen but they've had to cancel as their singer ended up having emergency surgery this week due to an infection.  Hopefully his recovery goes smoothly and they can arrange a new set of dates for their tour.

However instead I'll hopefully be popping down to Dundee to see Nervus at Conroy's Basement.  For £5 a ticket its an absolute bargain. 

On 01/10/2019 at 12:10, GrahamJags said:

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at the Barras tonight. Buzzing.

This popped up on my Facebook the other day as I had set a reminder without getting tickets. How was it?

I've got tickets for The Twilight Sad at the Usher Hall in November. Got standing tickets for 6 of us including my 10 year old son and his mate - I've since noticed that the standing tickets are 14+ and upstairs is 8+. Should I just go along and chance it that they'll get in or try to swap for seats? I'm inclined to just go along and think they won't turn us away.

40 years ago I saw Stiff Little Fingers in Glasgow in what I still remember as one of my all time best gigs. next Saturday I am going to see them in Denver and 2 weeks later again in North Carolina. If someone had told me this 40 years ago id have asked for some of what they were on.

On 05/10/2019 at 00:03, Richie95 said:

Just back from seeing Two Door Cinema Club at the O2 Academy in Glasgow. It was a really enjoyable gig, especially as they played about 90% of the first album in their set list. 

That's been the deal the last couple of tours. Was disappointed on the tour for Gameshow because I really liked that and wanted to hear more of it live. Still excellent though.

First saw SLF at Troon concert Hall in 79, then Loch Lomond in 80, Apollo 81! Always hoped Jake and Ali would reunite with Henry and Jim, but not to be! Be good in America tho!

40 years ago I saw Stiff Little Fingers in Glasgow in what I still remember as one of my all time best gigs. next Saturday I am going to see them in Denver and 2 weeks later again in North Carolina. If someone had told me this 40 years ago id have asked for some of what they were on.

3 hours ago, Oscar Wilder said:

First saw SLF at Troon concert Hall in 79, then Loch Lomond in 80, Apollo 81! Always hoped Jake and Ali would reunite with Henry and Jim, but not to be! Be good in America tho!

Loch Lomond was a day, how I got out unscathed still surprises me. 

This popped up on my Facebook the other day as I had set a reminder without getting tickets. How was it?

I've got tickets for The Twilight Sad at the Usher Hall in November. Got standing tickets for 6 of us including my 10 year old son and his mate - I've since noticed that the standing tickets are 14+ and upstairs is 8+. Should I just go along and chance it that they'll get in or try to swap for seats? I'm inclined to just go along and think they won't turn us away.

King Gizz were fantastic. One of the best live bands around just now.

Your son and mate should be fine. Especially if there is more than one adult in your party. If you’re concerned, then phone the box office. Their staff are usually really helpful.

On 06/10/2019 at 11:15, Oscar Wilder said:

22 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Loch Lomond was a day, how I got out unscathed still surprises me. 

Was at the 80 & 81 gigs among others. Saturday was my 40th anniversary of Buzzcocks and Joy Division at The Apollo.