Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Guest Moomintroll
Before and after.

The muck was inches deep in places. Wellies might not be a bad idea for Saturday. IMG_20190816_164813.jpeg.b574632aa7dd3519aefc80b392922fc9.jpegIMG_20190816_221343.thumb.jpeg.fa7ec7f1ac546b2e68b768cdeb4dbb88.jpeg
Aye, wellies it is then, cheers.

Another one who attended Bellahouston last night. Sadly too late for Twilight Sad but got in for Mogwai.

Think that was time number 7 for Mogwai and they're just a very dependable live band. Remurdered sounded fucking huge though and was king of that set though by an absolute mile.

The Cure were tight as f**k and when good were very good but felt the set dragged out a bit towards the end before the encore due to the lack of dynamic flow. Could definitely feel the crowd getting bit bored at times so doubt I was alone. Place was an utter swamp by leaving time as well and was less than pleased having to queue with my girlfriend for 50 mins so she could get a wine but nature of these big gigs I guess.

Guest Moomintroll
Foos were amazing tonight. First time seeing them and they didn’t disappoint.
The advantages on living on Paisley Road West, being back in the flat 15 minutes after the gig finished [emoji4] 
By 'eck 'twas proper muddy.

Actually can’t believe how muddy that was last night. I wore my hillwalking boots and struggled at times, especially down by the toilets to the left of the stage.

Foo Fighters were different class, absolutely wild.

11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Foo Fighters sound guys > The Cure sound guys, both in terms of volume and clarity

Dave's ten bazillion dollars gets him better sounding sound than Robert's eight bazillion dollars, I can only assume.

The Cure on Friday was (mud aside) as good a gig as I’ve ever been to. They, The Twilight Sad and Mogwai were all incredible. Special mention to James Graham who managed to get through Keep Yourself Warm (again) despite it clearly being it more difficult than usual. His beaming smile at the end of their set was fucking amazing.

Foo Fighters were also great. I’m not a massive fan generally, but they are a consistently phenomenal live act. Could’ve maybe done with less padding out of tunes though.

The sound for both days was fantastic. Foos in particular. People talking about hearing them from 5 miles away, they must’ve thought there was a nuclear apocalypse when Mogwai were on the day before.

Got the Rifles in Brighton on Thursday, in Komedia. Part of the "Mod Weekender", small venue, went last year and they were superb.

Then off to Victorious festival on Saturday in Portsmouth, hopefully try and see Ocean Colour Scene, The Twang and most likely watch the Rifles once again. 

On 17/08/2019 at 23:26, IainMorton said:

Foos were amazing tonight. First time seeing them and they didn’t disappoint.

Saw them at Meadowbank and Murrayfield before, and Saturday night was miles better than both, imo. The Murrayfield gig a few years ago was really tame, although tbf to Grohl he still had the broken leg at that point, which obviously took away from his (and the rest of the band's) energy.

Stacked Actors to open the gig was magnificent. Old school and criminally underrated.

The Cure were indeed excellent, a lot of classics throughout the set right from the start. Twilight Sad also very good, with an emotional performance. The mud really was something else, wading through it by the end.