Gigs

pilsner_ffc

There is no shelter whatsoever so I guess make sure you’re prepared for rain. You have to buy drink tokens before you can use the bar (£5 for a pint of Birra Moretti) but service was really quick.

Didn’t see the support act but the National came on about 8:30 and finished at 10:30.

Nice venue though and it’s pretty small so the views are still decent at the back.

Despite the weather Johnny Marr and Primal Scream at Princes St Gardens was really good. Admire rather than love Marr's stuff (liked his Electronic stuff most). Primal Scream exceeded my expectations by some distance. Amazing show by them. 

On 08/08/2019 at 07:07, Warren Mears said:

About Today is about as staggering a live song as I've ever seen.

Bit gutted they didn't play this on the Tuesday night. Can't complain too much as it was an incredible gig and we got there nice and early to enjoy This Is The Kit. We did get the treat of My Backwards Walk and a singalong Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks to finish but About Today would have topped it all off.

I went down to London to see them last year (all day event with The War on Drugs, This is the Kit, Public Service Broadcasting), was stood miles back and got a bit pished. This was a real treat, especially with the venue being so quick to serve booze and not having to fight your way back to your space, and they put on one of the best performances I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Stage times for Friday have Twilight Sad at 4:40, and Mogwai at 5:55. According to Stuart Braithwaite on Twitter. I've got a mad dash ahead of me now. Can't wait.

Doesn't sound right, gates are 4pm aren't they? And I'd have thought Joy Formidable would be first up.

Guest Moomintroll

Got an e mail from Ticketmaster yesterday saying that gates on Saturday are 2:30. Do me a favour & let me know what the ground conditions are like by the end of Friday as that weather forecast is giving me the TITP 2012 fears.