Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Just got a ticket for Akala at the Liquid Rooms next month, a busy few weeks coming up:
Ocean Colour Scene at the Usher Hall in the last weekend of July, Akala the week after, TTF the Saturday after that, then The Cure at Summer Sessions.

Considering I get paid on the 18th of the month I'll be fucking rooked after all that.

Should be worth it though.

Just back from Kiss’ final ever (so they say) European gig, at the Hydro. Best description of a Kiss gig I ever read online summed up tonight’s show... “a Kiss concert is like a nuclear explosion in Madam Tussauds”.

Well, if that’s the last time I ever see them, it was a helluva’ way to go out.

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

Just back from Kiss’ final ever (so they say) European gig, at the Hydro. Best description of a Kiss gig I ever read online summed up tonight’s show... “a Kiss concert is like a nuclear explosion in Madam Tussads”.

Well, if that’s the last time I ever see them, it was a helluva’ way to go out.

It was brilliant. That was the best reaction I have seen from a crowd in the Hydro. I think a few of the pensioners soiled themselves a few times tonight though.

They are bailing out at the right time though, Paul's voice has gone to shit now.

1 minute ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

It was brilliant. That was the best reaction I have seen from a crowd in the Hydro. I think a few of the pensioners soiled themselves a few times tonight though.

They are bailing out at the right time though, Paul's voice has gone to shit now.

Was a combined rock concert and steam bath / sauna. Never been so hot in the Hydro... ooh err missus, titter ye not...

I thought Paul’s voice held up OK, considering it was the last night of the tour. An advantage they have is all four band members can sing, so harmonies help. Eric Singer’s drum solo was fabulous. The second best live drum solo I’ve ever seen, after Neil Peart.

Great show, from great showmen. They don’t half ham it up, but it’s great fun.

Going to Foo Fighters next month

Slightly irritated I didn't get tickets for this when they went on sale, and other than people selling tickets at well above face value, I've not seen much come up. Hoping they'll release a final batch of tickets a few days before the event.

Slaves announced a small UK tour yesterday which I'll hopefully manage tickets for.

I got a cheap ticket for Kiss last night and have seldom been more entertained. I'm not particularly a fan (they have about four decent tunes), but the two or so hours flew by due to the total theatre of it. Would definitely go and see them again.