Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Richard Ashcroft tonight,. I went because I got offered the ticket for a tenner, but it was terrific and much better than I ever expected.

A tenner well spent.

I am going to see Babyshambles on Saturday night in Inverness. Hopefully they will be riots like the Aberdeen gig.

A tenner well spent.

I am going to see Babyshambles on Saturday night in Inverness. Hopefully they will be riots like the Aberdeen gig.

Me too! Aberdeen gig was mad!

Could recommend any good pre/post gig places for drinkage?

Went to see Magic Numbers on Sunday. Not bad though their slow songs drag on for about 20 mins after which you're ready to slash your wrists. The up-tempo songs were brilliant though. :)

And that's me for the year :(

Early next year quite fancy Larrikin Love and the Rifles but not got any tickets yet.

I think myself and Neilly are going to try and get tickets for The Rifles in March next year. Fairly cheap and should be a good night. I'll think about booking more gigs when i have some cash to spare though. December/January are ridiculously busy for me!

Arab Strap last night was superb. One of the best gigs I've ever seen, especially thanks to the sense of occasion.

I only knew perahps half of the songs they played but the ones I didn't know were exceptionally good.

Either "The First Big Weekend" with added balloons falling from the ceiling, or the acoustic version of "The Shy Retirer" which closed the set, were my favourite moments. Twas lump in the throat stuff.

Shame I picked their last ever gig as my first. :ph34r:

Arab Strap last night was superb. One of the best gigs I've ever seen, especially thanks to the sense of occasion.

I only knew perahps half of the songs they played but the ones I didn't know were exceptionally good.

Either "The First Big Weekend" with added balloons falling from the ceiling, or the acoustic version of "The Shy Retirer" which closed the set, were my favourite moments. Twas lump in the throat stuff.

Shame I picked their last ever gig as my first. :ph34r:

Yep, was immense.

The balloons were a nice touch :)

Think 'the shy retirer' was probably my fave, but they played pretty much all of the stuff i'd hoped they would, except 'love detective' :(

Edited by LauraMcB

After taking some initiative for a change, definitely Placebo on December 6th, as the tickets are now in my hands :)

Really enjoyed that tonight - wouldn't have minded a few more "classics", but it's fair enough that they may not want to become a greatest hits band too soon. :)

Dave Matthews Band, Wembley, next May. Didn't think I'd ever get the chance to see them without going to the states so quite chuffed. Might go and see Scott Matthews in January at the ABC if I've got the night off. The Sensational Alex Harvey Band's in Dunfermline next week so that's another possibility.