Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Taking Back Sunday tonight.  Haven't seen them since 2006 so should be good. 

Kate Nash in a couple weeks 

And Deez Nuts  in November in Germany. 

Quite the mix 

Spoiler

:lol:

Backstreet Boys was just immense. A hell of a production and an array of cracking songs that I had completely forgotten about. Plus some ridiculous cheese that I couldn't help but love.

Edited by Principal Flutie

Jesus fucking wept! I've just witnessed surely the worst gig I've ever been to!!? The Lafontaines!!! Described online as a "rock band" they were anything but. It was a Marti Pellow wannabe trying to be Eminem. Words cannot describe how bad they were. We've left early and going back home. Rock band for f**k sake!!!!

HMHB were fucking class tonight, though with the turnout tonight I think they might have managed two seperate nights.
Playing for 34 years. Most bands would be legacy 'greatest hits' performers by now. They played five tracks from their latest (14th) album tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

3 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Backstreet Boys was just immense. A hell of a production and an array of cracking songs that I had completely forgotten about. Plus some ridiculous cheese that I couldn't help but love.

Brian's voice hold out okay?

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

I have no idea what one Brian is but they all sounded good. 

The wee main guy. He's been dealing with dysphonia and dystonia for years now and sounded like shit for a while. He's apparently made great progress over the past 18 months or so though.

Image result for brian littrell

I was also at HMHB last night.

Absolutely fantastic, I've waited too long to see them. I could complain that they didn't play some of my favourites, but they've got so many great songs it's hard to complain.

Rory Butler at The Wee Bear Cafe, Lintrathen, last night was excellent. Tremendous acoustic guitar work, Butler is very much influenced by John Martyn (no bad thing) with shades of Nick Drake and King Creosote. Well written songs and a really nice guy.

21 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Anyone use the Gigsinscotland presale ?

We usually use the O2 one but I notice GiS are a day ahead of them with a forthcoming pre-sale, I've registered but haven't had to subscribe or pay anything!?

Tickets purchased - Alter Bridge in December :thumsup2