Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Gods of Rap tonight. Gutted that it seems to just be a few tunes from De La Soul and PE. Would've loved to have heard a load of stuff off It Takes A Nation Of Millions.... and given it was sold as a celebration of all three albums.

Gods of Rap tonight. Gutted that it seems to just be a few tunes from De La Soul and PE. Would've loved to have heard a load of stuff off It Takes A Nation Of Millions.... and given it was sold as a celebration of all three albums.
That's pish if true. Saw public enemy years ago. 2 hours of brilliance!

Just out of Dave Hause. Fucking brilliant from start to finish
Came on to write exactly this. Superb set, the whole room was bouncing and in fine voice all night as well. Most I've enjoyed a gig in quite a while.

Fatherson next Saturday up next for me.

Came on to write exactly this. Superb set, the whole room was bouncing and in fine voice all night as well. Most I've enjoyed a gig in quite a while.

Fatherson next Saturday up next for me.
How were the supports? Not sure I'm too fussed for Drew Thompson but Cold Years sound absolutely class. I'm off to Dublin in a couple of hours so I'm seeing them tonight.

Chuck D was good, they’ve a bit of a cheek advertising that as Public Enemy though! Did about an hour I think wasn’t it? Those S1W boys must have the easiest gig in showbiz, my Nan could nail that routine! 

I missed De La Soul, anyone see them, any good?

Wu-Tang good value and a good turnout, barring Method i didn’t notice any absentees 

Edited by Christophe

Busy week this week starting with W. H. Lung tonight at The Attic. Shite venue, but love the record so hoping they get something resembling a decent sound.

After that, it's Priests at The Hug & Pint tomorrow, Crocodiles at Broadcast on Wednesday, James Walsh at Tuts on Friday, then Thee Oh Sees at the QMU on Sunday.

How were the supports? Not sure I'm too fussed for Drew Thompson but Cold Years sound absolutely class. I'm off to Dublin in a couple of hours so I'm seeing them tonight.
Missed Drew Thompson and only caught a couple Cold Years songs but they sounded very good and I wish I'd caught their full set.

Missed Drew Thompson and only caught a couple Cold Years songs but they sounded very good and I wish I'd caught their full set.
Cheers, I'll be there for doors tonight so will let you know what you missed [emoji3]

Drew Thompson was really fucking good. There was only about 30 people there for the duration of his set last night but I absolutely loved it. Cold Years absolutely killed it too. Amazing gig last night.

On 5/13/2019 at 15:47, Christophe said:

Anyone off to J Mascis tonight?

Don't talk to me about that. Had tickets from the original date and forgot when the new date was. My daughter said to me during the week: "weren't you supposed to go to J Mascis the other night?". 

Oh Sees were next level amazing last night at the QMU. Absolutely crazy how tight they are.

Got cheap tickets to see Little Steven (Van Zandt) & The Disciples Of Soul tonight, then have Jason Lytle on Wednesday at Stereo.

Was at the Official 13th Note in King Street Saturday to my mate's band IBG, brilliant as always.  Also on the bill, The Beattie Brothers, Ranzas (from Ayr) & top of the bill Nana White Pepper (from Blackpool).  A good wee night.

Withered Hand acoustic set was brilliant at The Blue Arrow Club last night. First time seeing him live but I'll be looking out for future dates.