Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 25/04/2019 at 13:03, Savage Henry said:

Felice Brothers tickets, for some reason, are already on sale for next year.

I bought mine at 10 on Friday morning.

Seen it billed in some places as a Celtic Connections gig but it's about 6 months early from the usual CC announcement.

Went to see Simone Felice at The Blue Arrow last night. Not a fan of the venue. Gig was good but of the 2 I probably prefer Ian's music. There's something about Simone's delivery that puts me in mind of Matt Berry, and not in a good way.

On 26/04/2019 at 07:38, stevieKTID said:

I'm sure it was like that last time around, got the tickets early then a few weeks before the gig Ian Felice had some health issues and the tour was cancelled.

Both Ian and Simone are absolute shambling messes. I'm almost certain Simone was off his tits last night.

5 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I bought mine at 10 on Friday morning.

Seen it billed in some places as a Celtic Connections gig but it's about 6 months early from the usual CC announcement.

Went to see Simone Felice at The Blue Arrow last night. Not a fan of the venue. Gig was good but of the 2 I probably prefer Ian's music. There's something about Simone's delivery that puts me in mind of Matt Berry, and not in a good way.

I know what you mean.  I feel the same about Bright Eyes.  There's something about Matt Berry that makes me question how much acting he really does.  

Both Ian and Simone are absolute shambling messes. I'm almost certain Simone was off his tits last night.

I've met Simone a few times, he's a really nice guy but there is a intensity to him.

Fingers crossed they don't cancel again, haven't seen the felice brothers live since 2014.

21 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

I've met Simone a few times, he's a really nice guy but there is a intensity to him.

Fingers crossed they don't cancel again, haven't seen the felice brothers live since 2014.

Last time I saw them, that Christmas Clapton guy was so far gone it wasn't real.  It may just have been booze, but he clearly wasn't at there.  Let's be honest, it's the ramshackle and rambunctious nature of their shows that holds half the appeal.    James Felice is an incredibly amiable big guy though, somewhat oddly.  He's the one who sells merchandise.

Last time I saw them, that Christmas Clapton guy was so far gone it wasn't real.  It may just have been booze, but he clearly wasn't at there.  Let's be honest, it's the ramshackle and rambunctious nature of their shows that holds half the appeal.    James Felice is an incredibly amiable big guy though, somewhat oddly.  He's the one who sells merchandise.
Totally agree, ramshackle and rambunctious sums it up perfectly.

Big James is an absolute gent!

Just back from Marillion Weekend 2019 in Leicester De Montford Hall.
Three nights of stunning gigs.
Just a shame they don’t get the publicity of other long-standing bands due to being wrongly roped into Fish era progressive rock despite having changed direction under Steve Hogarth as lead as far back as 1989....

Stella Donnelly tomorrow night. 

Venue is an absolute sweat pit. Narrow and long so get there early and go up to the front or accept that you won't see much. If you do go down the front then forget going to the bar or the pisser. 

Should be a good gig. Simone Felice ended about half 10 so I wouldn't leave getting to the venue much beyond 8:00. 

On 30/04/2019 at 17:58, BallochSonsFan said:

Stella Donnelly tomorrow night. 

Venue is an absolute sweat pit. Narrow and long so get there early and go up to the front or accept that you won't see much. If you do go down the front then forget going to the bar or the pisser. 

Should be a good gig. Simone Felice ended about half 10 so I wouldn't leave getting to the venue much beyond 8:00. 

I properly fucking loved that. Donnelly is awesome.

See what you mean about the venue but it worked out okay for me.

I stayed at the back where I had something to lean on and where it was cooler. Got quicker access to the merch table for my vinyl. Didn't see much of Stella on stage but the sound quality was really good where I was. 

Stella is insanely charming and funny. Brilliant stage presence. Really great songs. 

Really liked Sofia Bolt too. 

I stayed at the back where I had something to lean on and where it was cooler. Got quicker access to the merch table for my vinyl. Didn't see much of Stella on stage but the sound quality was really good where I was. 

Stella is insanely charming and funny. Brilliant stage presence. Really great songs. 
Really liked Sofia Bolt too. 

She’s so gregarious. I wasn’t a big fan of the album but she’s so much fun live, even if some of her songs are pretty heavy.

I saw her a year ago in a shitty venue and she just ruled.

Going to see Dave Hause in Dublin on the 13th, he's playing in Glasgow the day before. He supported The Gaslight Anthem and Brian Fallon recently, puts on a great gig.

One of his support acts is Cold Years - great wee band from Aberdeen. Think it's only about £15 which is a steal.