Gigs

pilsner_ffc

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Just found out the Beths are playing the same night as the Fannies. Arse. Twilight Sad in a 350 capacity venue in May should be fun.

The Beths are going to be touring the heck out of the next year.  I kind of feel that the Fannies are constantly on the edge of retiring.    I'd go with the Fannies.

10 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

They didn't last long, their debut album is barely 4 months old.

Yeah, though they'd been kicking around for quite a while before that.

4 minutes ago, Rovers2017 said:

Let's Eat Grandma were... interesting. 

They are indeed ... interesting. I totally respect what they're doing, messing around, experimenting with stuff and seeing what comes out, and I'm interested to see where it's going to lead them. But inevitably the results in the meantime are a bit patchy. They've done the odd thing I've really liked, but it's hit and miss - and probably more miss than hit at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Yoss said:

They are indeed ... interesting. I totally respect what they're doing, messing around, experimenting with stuff and seeing what comes out, and I'm interested to see where it's going to lead them. But inevitably the results in the meantime are a bit patchy. They've done the odd thing I've really liked, but it's hit and miss - and probably more miss than hit at the moment.

I agree, fair play to them because they definitely caught my attention. There was one song I actually kind of enjoyed from them. However my friend who was with me didn't feel too great about them. 

The Beths are going to be touring the heck out of the next year.  I kind of feel that the Fannies are constantly on the edge of retiring.    I'd go with the Fannies.

Found out after getting Fannies tickets, if I try to persuade wife otherwise, baws will get toed. Mine, specifically.

The Twilight Sad week. Manchester on Wednesday then the Barras on Friday.

Pretty gutted I missed out on tickets for Tuts tomorrow but they sold out in 30 seconds or some nonsense. Either way, the gigs should be unreal.

Kathryn Joseph on Friday night will be great as well.

Edited by GrahamJags

56 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

The Twilight Sad week. Manchester on Wednesday then the Barras on Friday.

Pretty gutted I missed out on tickets for Tuts tomorrow but they sold out in 30 seconds or some nonsense. Either way, the gigs should be unreal.

Kathryn Joseph on Friday night will be great as well.

These will be quality. Had only seen TTS once before last year at the Grand Ole Opry where Scott H, Aiden Moffat, Malcolm Middleton were in attendance. Did Edinburgh last year and Mono a few weeks ago where James chatted away to us afterwards about Katherine Joseph and the Barrowlands gig. Can't wait for both this weekend.

This time in two weeks I’ll be in Austin for SxSW. Currently on my agenda: Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires, Steve Earle, The Beths, Black Midi, Charley Bliss, Seratones, Robert Ellis, The Nude Party, Laura Jane Grace, White Denim, Broken Social Scene, Virgin Pool, Jealous of the Birds, Fontaine’s DC and the Chills. And that’s just day 1.

This time in two weeks I’ll be in Austin for SxSW. Currently on my agenda: Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires, Steve Earle, The Beths, Black Midi, Charley Bliss, Seratones, Robert Ellis, The Nude Party, Laura Jane Grace, White Denim, Broken Social Scene, Virgin Pool, Jealous of the Birds, Fontaine’s DC and the Chills. And that’s just day 1.
Get bbq at Stubbs m888