Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got All Saints tomorrow, Tess Parks on Tuesday and Bjorn Again on Wednesday.

The new All Saints record is pretty dreadful, but hearing the hits will be worth it. That and Bjorn Again were Christmas presents for my Mum that benefit me since I wanted to go to both.

Tess Parks has apparently been doing an audio-visual show, so that should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing Hazed and Domiciles who are supporting.

Dunno if "gigs" is apt but I went to the Ngati Ranana annual Maori Christmas concert on Saturday. Haka and waiata all over the shop. Plus a bit in the middle for "Beats of Polynesia" to have some drumming and dancing from the Cook Islands, Kiribati and Samoa.  Ye know thon way when a bunch of percussionists are just so perfectly in synch it's almost frightening? Great stuff.

18 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Severely buzzing for McCartney tonight.

I see he played 40 songs!

Saw there were face value tickets on sale mid afternoon, was tempted to take the weans just to say they'd seen the great man in years to come, but in the end it was too much to get sorted out.

McCartney was fantastic last night. An absolutely unreal set. I've barely listened to any of his new stuff but I thought it actually sounded quite decent. Helter Skelter was probably the highlight for me. Had loads of folk telling me recently that his voice has gone etc but I thought he sounded great.

My only complaint is that he didn't include Mull of Kintyre. It's Scotland and it's Christmas for f**k sake. I'd loved to have seen him play Oh Darling, which is a personal favourite of mine, but having swatched a lot of his recent set lists I knew that wasn't going to happen.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McCartney was fantastic last night. An absolutely unreal set. I've barely listened to any of his new stuff but I thought it actually sounded quite decent. Helter Skelter was probably the highlight for me. Had loads of folk telling me recently that his voice has gone etc but I thought he sounded great.

Best ever gig at the Hydro seems to be the consensus in the reviews I've read.

Wishing I'd taken the plunge now :unsure:  although on the plus side I have seen him before and am 360 quid better off.