Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The Twilight Sad tonight at Paradiso Noord in Amsterdam, its a sell out, can't wait.
Saw them for the first time about 10 years ago in a tiny venue over here in front of about 20 people, they put on a great show that night, and every other time I've seen them, i'm sure tonight will be no different

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2014 at 22:01, Miguel Sanchez said:

A question for... anyone that can answer it, I suppose.

I'm going to see We Were Promised Jetpacks at the QMU in Glasgow on Saturday, I've been once for a gig which was years ago, do you still need to sign in if you're not a student there? What sort of time should I turn up at?

Four years later and, eh, same question. 

9 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Saw Low at the Rockefeller Memorial Chapel, University of Chicago last night. What a venue. 200ft high ceilings, everyone sat in pews. Nae bar tho, Jesus and all that.

Honestly, gigs in churches are incredible.  Some of the more progressive churches in Austin allow booze to be sold, and they are just brilliant.  I saw Kyle Craft playing an electric set in a church, and the acoustics were just fantastic.  

The Proclaimers on Saturday night at the Academy, absolutely tremendous set from start to finish and as others have mentioned, Sunshine on Leith was simply outstanding.

Need to try and get tickets for one of their gigs next summer, either Edinburgh Castle or the Hydro.

On 11/21/2018 at 16:23, Ross. said:

The Proclaimers on Saturday night at the Academy, absolutely tremendous set from start to finish and as others have mentioned, Sunshine on Leith was simply outstanding.

Need to try and get tickets for one of their gigs next summer, either Edinburgh Castle or the Hydro.

Couldn't get anything for Edinburgh Castle but managed to sort out tickets for the Hydro. Another weekend home planned as a result, which is nice.

Mogwai and The Twilight Sad tomorrow in Leeds. Please pray for me and the reliability of the trains I'm due to catch.

If it’s northern rail you’re fucked. 7 months living in Leeds taught me to never rely on them, useless c***s.