Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Excellent gig from Killing Joke last night at the Markthalle in Hamburg.

Started off with Love like Blood, and Eighties was also played early on, but the rest of the set had a good mix of stuff like Requiem, Wardance etc. from the debut album combined with a track or two from most of the other albums.

Main set finished with my favourite Pssyche.

Makes you feel old seeing bands like this and the Cure doing 40 year anniversary tours!

21 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

If they put on a good show then they're not terrible, since the entire point of them is to entertain.

He's said the proclimers are a terrible band yet is going to see them, next day he is excited about the news that Pink is playing in Glasgow, based on this I'll not be taking his posts about music serious going forward.

4 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Nothing wrong with wanting to see Pink. She's a great entertainer. The point on The Proclaimers is a fair one. They're either shit or they're not. Can't have it both ways.

Definitely can have it both ways. I recognise that The Proclaimers are terrific live band, despite the fact their material is mediocre at best. Hence why I'm more than happy to go and see them, there are loads of bands that just excel live. I would never listen to them on the day-to-day or have them in any playlists. That's just the way it is. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I saw The Proclaimers at T in the Park in 2010 and they were shite. 

I fair enjoyed them at the same festival in 2003. They didn't close with "500 Miles" and a shitload of folk left after it. As far as I can tell, that's not a mistake they've made since.

P!nk is coming to Hampden next summer. I'm up for that.

I thought about trying to get my mum a couple of tickets for this for Christmas, but nearly £100 for standing is insane, especially when it doesn't even put you right in front of her because they'll have the 'golden circle VIP' section in front of general standing. Madness.

Got shows every night from tomorrow until next Friday - Ancient Shapes (Daniel Romano's side-project) tomorrow at Broadcast, Jack White at the Usher Hall on Sunday, Menace Beach and Bambara on Monday and Tuesday respectively both at Broadcast, The KVB at the Hug & Pint on Wednesday, Teenage Fanclub in Livi on Thursday then Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert (supported by the wonderful Siobhan Wilson) at the Pleasance next Friday.

Should be a good, if not exhausting, week.

Got shows every night from tomorrow until next Friday - Ancient Shapes (Daniel Romano's side-project) tomorrow at Broadcast, Jack White at the Usher Hall on Sunday, Menace Beach and Bambara on Monday and Tuesday respectively both at Broadcast, The KVB at the Hug & Pint on Wednesday, Teenage Fanclub in Livi on Thursday then Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert (supported by the wonderful Siobhan Wilson) at the Pleasance next Friday.
Should be a good, if not exhausting, week.
And expensive!!! [emoji3]

Heading down to Newcastle for Hawkwind with Mike Batt, Arthur Brown and the orchestra tonight.  Early reports say its a good one with the band playing for 2 hours.
Not seen them live for about 30 years!! Dave Brock must be about 100 by now. Wore out my vinyl copy of Doremi many years ago[emoji1]