Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Complete Stone Roses and Cast were excellent at Party at the Palace. James were very poor.
James done their usual, played way too many album tracks.

Might just have been me as I was sober. First visit to PATP and couldn't believe the amount of people who were absolutely mortal at what I thought was a family/children friendly festival. Between Gabrielle and James a fight broke out just behind us between two grown men that sent everyone in their path flying. One of the men got arrested. There were families and kids nearby. Not the atmosphere I expected.

Still on a positive note looking forward to Peter Hook and Texas today.

Didnt see any trouble but there were loads of folk mortal by 2.15.
Yeah, lots blitzed early doors. Will be a lot of sore heads this morning.

Was really surprised at how quick I got out the car park but looking at the nic of folk don't think a lot had the car with them. Could be busier today.

Wont be busier in this weather.
Sorry I meant more people driving.

Yeah, weather will put a lot off. 4 of the folk who were with us yesterday have decided to give today a miss. We're not going until the back of 4 to catch Peter Hook. Hoping the weather gets better later.

James done their usual, played way too many album tracks.

Might just have been me as I was sober. First visit to PATP and couldn't believe the amount of people who were absolutely mortal at what I thought was a family/children friendly festival. Between Gabrielle and James a fight broke out just behind us between two grown men that sent everyone in their path flying. One of the men got arrested. There were families and kids nearby. Not the atmosphere I expected.

Still on a positive note looking forward to Peter Hook and Texas today.

I tend to avoid many of these outdoor events in Scotland nowadays due to the loutish behaviour of so many idiots.
Sounds like nothing’s changed.
Shame, lovely place and I used to live 5 mins walk away....

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Texas best at PATP by a mile for me

Texas were absolutely brilliant. And whilst there were a few folk who were a bit canned, the number of total arseholes wasn't anywhere near the level I'd expect to see on a normal night out with 8000 folk in a field. 

Texas were absolutely brilliant. And whilst there were a few folk who were a bit canned, the number of total arseholes wasn't anywhere near the level I'd expect to see on a normal night out with 8000 folk in a field. 
Totally agree, the crowd and atmosphere was much better than Saturday. Peter Hook, Imelda May and Embrace all excellent as well.

15 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Texas best at PATP by a mile for me

13 hours ago, HTG said:

Agreed. I was pretty minging though, apologies, but flukily I managed to only be really minging on the train home.

13 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:
13 hours ago, HTG said:

Totally agree, the crowd and atmosphere was much better than Saturday. Peter Hook, Imelda May and Embrace all excellent as well.

Embrace were good aye. Imelda May really surprised me with how rocky her set was.