Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Would love to see BRMC tomorrow but I am up at 5 on Tuesday.  No way would I be able.  Saw them a few years back at the playhouse so it's not all bad

Will let you know how it is. Looking forward to it. Really like Wrong Creatures so hoping for a few from that.

Gigs currently lined up between now and November-ish:
Deerhoof, Stella Donnelly, Future Get Down, Estrons, Parquet Courts, Metric
plus the annual trip to End of the Road. Thinking of adding in Superorganism, and a trip to either Manchester or Dublin for Beach House. Maybe Lucy Dacus, Amber Arcades and The Lovely Eggs, though I'll leave those ones until nearer the time. And maybe I should give Goat Girl another go though I was pretty underwhelmed when I saw them last year. 
There's plenty good music going on, anyhow.

Give me a shout if you're going to the Beach House gig in Manchester.

Will let you know how it is. Looking forward to it. Really like Wrong Creatures so hoping for a few from that.

Effortless.

No encore.

Just a constant for 2 hours. Absolutely superb. They are so good the don’t look like they get out of 2nd gear but still sounded top of their game.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:51, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Rita Ora gig in Dundee last night was a pretty miserable experience.

It's not my scene but I scored a ticket from a friend of a friend who was no longer able to go. 

There were a few support acts but I pitched up later in the evening, just in time to catch some outfit called Sigma. They were fucking shite. Really pish "EDM" music with some guy jumping around shouting stuff like: "Make some noise Dundee".

I retreated to the bar, where I paid a fiver for a can of San Miguel. 

The weather took a turn for the worse and I was soaked and freezing cold by the time the main act appeared. To be fair, Rita put on a decent show and was utterly professional in the face of terrible weather conditions. She's an entertainer and managed to get the crowd going. There was a pretty tacky moment though, when some bearded guy with a snapback cap was invited onto the stage and proposed to his burd. I was kinda disappointed when she said yes.

This is music for the facebook/instagram generation and a lot of the crowd seemed to spend more time taking selfies than anything else.

I don't regret going but I'm no hurry to rush back to an event like that.

This was fucking harrowing to read.

Great gig, better than I was expecting, good old Maiden :)

Anyone have any bother getting in ? We arrived nice and early so just decided to queue up and ended up about 10th in the East queue ... card scanner chaos saw feckin loads of folk get in ahead of us.

Hardly saw poor Nikko stuck in his wee cubby-hole.

Still not sure about Cross !

Still buzzing :thumsup2

Edited by Ned Nederlander