Gigs

pilsner_ffc

We Are Scientists at The Garage in May, I keep missing out on seeing them, so I'm delighted to finally get tickets. 

Same. Saw them at the Barras back in 2007 I think, they were outstanding. Even bought the live CD, in which my mate features on ‘Textbook’ because Keith was wading through the crowd at that point.

Same. Saw them at the Barras back in 2007 I think, they were outstanding. Even bought the live CD, in which my mate features on ‘Textbook’ because Keith was wading through the crowd at that point.

Seen them at Rockness 2011 when I was completely out of my tits and seem to recall having a great time

13 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just bought weekend tickets for Party at the Palace.

James headlining on the Saturday and Texas on the Sunday is excellent. Just 15 mins along the road from the house too is belting.

Got my Sunday tickets today, Texas should be excellent.  And again, just a short (probably jooked) train journey away.

Going to The Skids at Glen Pavilion tonight - excited, much.

18 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Got my ticket for Volbeat at the o2 ABC in June. Can’t wait these guys are one of the best live acts around just now.

I'm gutted I'm missing that gig, even though I'll see them at Download that weekend.

32 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I'm gutted I'm missing that gig, even though I'll see them at Download that weekend.

First time I saw them was at Download back in 2009. I am hoping they announce a proper uk tour over the DL weekend.

Got my Sunday tickets today, Texas should be excellent.  And again, just a short (probably jooked) train journey away.
Going to The Skids at Glen Pavilion tonight - excited, much.
Seen the Skids a few years ago in The Alhambra. Gig was fantastic but a bit too much black and white stripes on show for my liking [emoji16]

19 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
22 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:
Seen the Skids a few years ago in The Alhambra. Gig was fantastic but a bit too much black and white stripes on show for my liking emoji16.png

First band I saw live...1978.... supporting the Stranglers

You lucky b*****d.

18 hours ago, bsd said:

7 of us going along to the Skids tonight. 6 are Wasps regulars. You're outnumbered. 

Good gig, but short.  75 mins all in?

Unless you were the guy right in front of me who spent the whole gig playing one of those "build your own kingdom" games on his phone, in which case you probably thought it was too long 'cos it kept you out of your bedroom for about 74 minutes too long.

Interesting night last night. Army Of Freshmen literally started at doors, we arrived 5 minutes late and the queue was up past the flats..

Good night though. Aquabats were fantastic and Bowling For Soup were a good laugh. You could tell.they hadn't played a lot of those songs in years. They must have been on for a good 2 hours without stopping.

Belle and Sebastian tomorrow night, Glenn Hansard on Friday and then the Charlatans on the 24th. Missus wasn’t happy at me impulse buying the last of those 3 but given I’m largely going to the first two for her benefit she can consider herself lucky that she is a) Going to see the Charlatans and b) Not getting kicked in the pie for questioning my impulsive tendencies when it comes to concert going.

On 2/5/2018 at 19:23, Richie95 said:

We Are Scientists at The Garage in May, I keep missing out on seeing them, so I'm delighted to finally get tickets. 

Seen them over here a couple of years ago, very small venue in Zürich. Tremendous performers and all sound as f**k, having spent a bit of time spraffing shite to them afterwards.